Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

This guy’s feet were on our to be shared Admirals Club table

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This guy’s feet were on our to be shared Admirals Club table

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Posting his picture is 100% unacceptable imo regardless of his behavior. You have completely invaded his privacy given you have his face displayed and may now be legally liable to defamation. Unlike the feet picture playing with IFV you can see his face vs feet guy

Look, how would you feel if someone posted your face online like this. What if his employer sees this?
It may be unacceptable to you, however it is completely legal. When you go into public anyone can photograph you whether you give them permission or not. If the individual in the photo did not want to be seen in this position, he should not have been in that position in the first place. Don't do something in public around other people that you don't want other people to see.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA
Don't you know who he is?
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
"Defamation" requires that something be said that is provable true/false. Nothing in this photo that is defamatory. Nor does it seem to be "false light" as what is shown/described is true.
Just to nitpick

In my common law jurisdiction a defamatory statement is defined simply as one that injures someone's reputation or lowers him in the estimation of (reasonable) others. The essential elements of an action is showing that 1) the statements fit that description, 2) that they were aimed at him, and 3) that they were published to a third person.

Truth is merely a defence, a "complete defence" actually, with the onus solely on the defendant to prove that the statements are true.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:40 pm

Legality aside, if you think it's appropriate to post the kind of picture OP did, then you and I don't share the same values of interpersonal decency.
moondog, deeruck, bse118 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:54 pm

Taking a picture and posting it online, without the person’s consent, is far worse a transgression then this person putting their feet up.

I do not agree with them putting their feet up. It is poor manners. Though I think we’ve all had long travel days. Been a bit tired, and maybe got a little more comfortable then we should have.

I do not understand when it became “acceptable” to take photos of people and post them online, without their consent. It boggles my mind why anyone thinks this is ok. While it may be legal, it’s certainly not good manners to do so. Public shaming has gotten out of hand. It’s harmful.
muji, bse118, nancypants and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
People are so inconsiderate, rude, selfish and disgusting these days they need to be publicly shamed plain and simple....sad but true.

The worst was hearing someone clipping their toe nails in FC on AA from LAX-LAS....I mean seriously?????!! Who thinks that is appropriate????
SNAGuy, LINDEGR, Gerbs and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
People are so inconsiderate, rude, selfish and disgusting these days they need to be publicly shamed plain and simple....sad but true.

The worst was hearing someone clipping their toe nails in FC on AA from LAX-LAS....I mean seriously?????!! Who thinks that is appropriate????
Gotta be ready for the big night in Vegas.
metallo and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I know this is totally different, but I workout at equinox in nyc. I don’t have enough space in my apartment to have all of the equipment that I need to work out. I would be really upset if someone took a picture or video of me using equipment at the gym and posted it on a forum online without my permission... I bring this up because it seems to happen a lot, not with me, but on Instagram posts i come across in my feed.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by donotblink
I know this is totally different, but I workout at equinox in nyc. I don’t have enough space in my apartment to have all of the equipment that I need to work out. I would be really upset if someone took a picture or video of me using equipment at the gym and posted it on a forum online without my permission... I bring this up because it seems to happen a lot, not with me, but on Instagram posts i come across in my feed.
me too! Bond Street lol
donotblink likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

me too! Bond Street lol
nice! I do Bond street Wednesday’s after work for TRX Max (provided that I’m in town!)
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Absolutely rude, inconsiderate and disgusting behavior. Dirty shoes, that may have just been in the bathroom, on a table where food goes. Then when you ask him to move his feet he puts them on the side table? Whoever picks up that menu on the table may very well be exposed to the equivalent of running their hand across a bathroom floor, yuck.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Posting his picture is 100% unacceptable imo regardless of his behavior. You have completely invaded his privacy....
With some very limited and specific exceptions (and this is not one of them), one has no expectation of privacy in a public place.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
It may be unacceptable to you, however it is completely legal. When you go into public anyone can photograph you whether you give them permission or not. If the individual in the photo did not want to be seen in this position, he should not have been in that position in the first place. Don't do something in public around other people that you don't want other people to see.
The Admiral's Club is not a public space, as the phrase is used in a legal context. A "public space" is a street, a sidewalk, a park, the beach, or any place owned by the public and open to literally anyone and anything.

The Admiral's Club is a private business open to the public. Private business owners have the right to regulate conduct on their property, and the Admiral's Club does so: "Any conduct that is deemed by American to be inappropriate, undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent is prohibited, and American reserves the right to remove any member or visitor for such conduct, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions."

Or you could go even further and say that the Admiral's Club is a private club open to members, which makes the expectation of privacy even stronger. I doubt that would fly, though.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat

Would it have been more appropriate if he had doen it in Y?
LINDEGR likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Would it have been more appropriate if he had doen it in Y?
absolutely not but it’s not a stretch to expect someone in a premium cabin to be a little less uncouth.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.