Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport - DFW Terminal “D”

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining

OPEN NOW 16 May 2019

LOCATION: Terminal D (International Terminal), Departures floor, between Gates D23 and D24.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html for discussion of the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in other terminals.

Link to DFW AA lounge information.

Link to one world DFW lounge directory and access information

Terminal D temporary Premium Lounge near Gate 34 is now CLOSED.

ACCESS:

Admirals Club: Admirals Club members, oneworld Sapphire and AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or higher status members, oneworld Sapphire or Emerald flyers*

Flagship Lounge (oneworld Emeralds, Sapphires and those traveling in oneworld First or AA or oneworld First or Business*

Flagship First Dining: AA and BA international three class Flagship First passengers only. This not a oneworld lounge: there is no admission by status, lounge membership for other than Concierge Key members with passes.

*American Airlines Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligble for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribean. For more information, visit http://aa.com/i18n/travelInformation...miralsClub.jsp

Extensive photos at Andy’s Travel Blog link

Admirals Club report by Craig at Middle Age Miles linkhttps://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/

Courtesy of Middle Age Miles

Link to the archived thread discussing the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Link to the archived thread discussing the opening of the interim “Premium Lounge” serving oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires, passengers flying First or Business on qualifying international flights, affected by the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Print Wikipost

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by dave_261
BTW, gates can change up until the minute you arrive, so very good possibility one of your gates will change.
This happens to me all the time... You might just be closer than you think!

Enjoy your trip.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Maybe there's hope that a 2nd FL (only) will ultimately come to A terminal. My friends and family in the DFW area would hate me indeed. I always try to book the flights out of SFO that will give me the longest layover in DFW so that I will be able exit airport and have lunch with them during my transits.

But now with FL in D, I'm like.... Hmmmmm... LOL And if there were two FL. I'd be like "Sorry, not enough time..."

But it's strange enough though as I'm exiting DFW for SFO. I often do not have "enough" time to schedule my exiting of airport as the layovers tend to be 1.5 hrs-ish..
Spanish likes this.

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Jul 20, 2019 at 11:34 pm
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Thanks a lot for all the answers and hints.

I think I’ll stick with the AC in A. I arrive at 9.20om and my connection leaves at 10.40pm. Assuming on-time arrival at boarding 30-35 minutes before departure , plus all the transit to the FL, I’ll have 20-25 minutes in the FL, as opposed to 40-45 minutes in the AC.

Sure, the FL is nicer than the AC, but my excitement about the FL isn't such that I’d do anything to go there. ((1) I am lucky to be a Europe-based top level member with Lufthansa/Swiss and I get to experience their First Class Lounges and the dedicated First Class Terminal several times a week; those lounges make the FL look like a glorified dump, (2) my flight coming into DFW is from ORD, and I’ll be spending >2 hours at the FL there.

If the FL were closer to either my departure or arrival gate or if I had more time I would not have hesitated a second, but - that was exactly my question in the OP - given that going there and back already eats up 20 Minutes the experience is not so much out of this world to justify the effort.

I looked up Pappadeaux, now *that* looks great!! Unfortunately it’s closed at the time I pass through DFW... oh well.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Flying on Qatar business class soon. I am plt traveling with 3 other people without status. I believe all 4 of us have access to FL and not FFD. Am I correct? Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: USairways, United, Hilton, Marriott
I flew to Japan, connecting through DFW. I walked briskly from A-D. It took about 10 minutes and was definitely the thing to do before a long flight.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Flying on Qatar business class soon. I am plt traveling with 3 other people without status. I believe all 4 of us have access to FL and not FFD. Am I correct? Thanks.
No access to FFD, but assuming the whole party is flying in J on QR, then everyone will have access to the FL.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
No FFD. At least one of the other ppl has to be in J, or else only you and a guest get access.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:05 pm
In memoriam

Depends on the level of stress you can handle.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
This is all assuming AA arrives and/or departs on time. It is rare when they do so in this case the A club is probably better when/if he is delayed.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I am pleased to report that the buffet offerings have been updated since my last visit, which I think might have been 5 July. The 2 main entrees are now Asian-style pork and short rib on cornbread, Pretty much all of the other hot stuff is new, too. The exhibition station was serving brisket or veggie tacos with your choice of toppings.
teemuflyer and robertablake like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by enviroian
This is all assuming AA arrives and/or departs on time. It is rare when they do so in this case the A club is probably better when/if he is delayed.
Didn't think of this....... AA having lots of on-time issues lately with me. Either way, if your flight going in to the DFW on time, lots of advice to checking the Flagships lounge. Impressed upon last visit.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Thanks a lot for all the answers and hints.

I think I’ll stick with the AC in A. I arrive at 9.20om and my connection leaves at 10.40pm. Assuming on-time arrival at boarding 30-35 minutes before departure , plus all the transit to the FL, I’ll have 20-25 minutes in the FL, as opposed to 40-45 minutes in the AC.

If the FL were closer to either my departure or arrival gate or if I had more time I would not have hesitated a second, but - that was exactly my question in the OP - given that going there and back already eats up 20 Minutes the experience is not so much out of this world to justify the effort.
Originally Posted by Spanish
Didn't think of this....... AA having lots of on-time issues lately with me. Either way, if your flight going in to the DFW on time, lots of advice to checking the Flagships lounge. Impressed upon last visit.
I'd do it just for squeezing in a little low-level exercise before getting on another plane and planting my butt down for X amount of time. Especially if I haven't visited the FL before..
beachfan likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
So, I ended up going to the FL. My incoming flight was on time and arrived at the C gates. My connecting flight was 40 minutes delayed. Having to change concourse anyway and with more time I decided to go the FL.

Yes it was nice, basically the same as the one I had seen hours before in ORD and many times in JFK. Compared to some European lounges, it's on the level of a Lufthansa Senator lounge or the Emirates Business Class or outstation lounges; but not on par with the top lounges other airlines have at their hubs (LH and LX First Class, CX First Class, EK First Class, QR First Class, AF Premiere...). But very pleasant, no complaints, glad I was there. Especially when compared to a "normal" AC which I experienced the following day in PHX. Those ACs are gruesome.So I share everybody's happiness about an FL in Dallas as a step-up from the ACs.

Thanks for all the hints, I really enjoyed my stay at the FL.
teemuflyer, enpremiere and Spanish like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just FYI, I was able to use Flagship Dining even though I was flying BA First out of IAH and I had bought a separate ticket from DFW to IAH.
Wonder with the joint AA/Qantas agreement, if Qantas first will have access to the dining.

Last edited by krazieman; Jul 30, 2019 at 11:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.