Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

due to weather, agent rebooked me to wrong airport 7900 miles away, should I fly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

due to weather, agent rebooked me to wrong airport 7900 miles away, should I fly?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ubiest

no chance, yesterday at 1030 Los Angeles time he was dithering whether to go to China, so he would have been either in Houston or LAX. The AA183 LAX-PVG departs at 1200 Los Angeles time, so if he did get onboard that flight yesterday, he would have arrived in Shanghai about 12 hours ago. If he’s on today’s, then there’s many hours of transpacific joy ahead of him.

Or or maybe this is all one A380 sized red herring
A whale is not a herring, regardless of the whale's livery.
Gerbs, wrp96, nk15 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by ubiest

no chance, yesterday at 1030 Los Angeles time he was dithering whether to go to China, so he would have been either in Houston or LAX. The AA183 LAX-PVG departs at 1200 Los Angeles time, so if he did get onboard that flight yesterday, he would have arrived in Shanghai about 12 hours ago. If he’s on today’s, then there’s many hours of transpacific joy ahead of him.

Or or maybe this is all one A380 sized red herring
(a) you are right, for some reason I thought this thread was several days old.
(b) AA flies DFW-PVG, and that + 500 miles for Houston-DFW = 8900 miles. Not saying it was not the LAX flight, but DFW is also an option, and it is the ONLY one that matches the "co-location" mention. AA flies Hobby-DWF, they don't fly Hobby-LAX, only IAH. If you called and said "I am calling as I have IRROPs and want a different co-located airport, a routing via DFW is the only one where their are options.
(c) I will note that IAH-LAX is 1379 miles and LAX-PVG is 6485 miles, so roughly 7900 miles w/o having to count 500 miles for the first flight... So it works as well.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:36 pm

I forgot to mention one very common exemption for PRC visas, home return permits. While the OP's posting from the LH forum lends a great deal of credence to the FRA theory, an HRP would permit a straight return to the USA without a visa.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by moondog
I forgot to mention one very common exemption for PRC visas, home return permits. While the OP's posting from the LH forum lends a great deal of credence to the FRA theory, an HRP would permit a straight return to the USA without a visa.
I suspect that the OP has more connections with East Asia than with South Asia, and for that reason too HRP card makes more sense than OCI, and PVG more sense than BOM.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Another possibility we didn't explore, does AA consider PVG/PGV as co-terminals...
donotblink likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nk15
Another possibility we didn't explore, does AA consider PVG/PGV as co-terminals...
Only if CAN and ANC are co-terminals.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Only if CAN and ANC are co-terminals.
We could have been switching between these all along, if only we knew it!
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
No, cos they charge $450 return for air service between both airports!
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No, cos they charge $450 return for air service between both airports!
Helicopter service is so overrated
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The OP just posted over in the LH M&M thread in the past half hour...
interestingly (or perhaps not), the buttons for “see all posts/threads by OP” are not showing for me anymore when I click on the username

could be a glitch. Also could be the flying herring of a red colour 🤷🏻.♀️
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by nancypants

interestingly (or perhaps not), the buttons for “see all posts/threads by OP” are not showing for me anymore when I click on the username

could be a glitch. Also could be the flying herring of a red colour 🤷🏻.♀️
It's just you Still seems to be working.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: QF WP

Originally Posted by chrisny2
It's just you Still seems to be working.
perhaps i’ve ended up on some kind of watch list 😂 everyone else’s seems to be working ok
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He is posting about cruises and miles over there, I don't think he understands the gravity of the situation over here and the state we are in, lol....

He only had one post though, which indicates traveling/transiting and/or bad plane wifi.
irishguy28 and 24left like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by nancypants
perhaps i’ve ended up on some kind of watch list 😂 everyone else’s seems to be working ok
I don't see it from the profile link either. FT has an option along the lines of "don't allow others to follow my activity" which may be what removes the "see posts" link from the profile page. However there are other easy ways to see a user's posts that this apparently does not disable...
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:13 pm

Assuming PGV/PVG ends up being correct, aacar deserves big props for putting the idea forward only 25 minutes after the OP.^
GUWonder and ubiest like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.