Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booking British Airways via American - pricing question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage

Bear with me while I try and explain this. My wife’s Aadvantage account is registered in the UK while mine is registered in the US, when she flies over from the UK the price quoted for First (on BA) for the outbound leg is high, but the return leg is comparatively cheap - just £800 more than Traveller and £200 more than Club World for her trip this week, so she routinely flies coach out and First return (MAN-LHR-ORD) all booked through American’s website. Now it’s my turn to fly to the UK (long term work assignment in the US hence all the flights back and to) and I literally just made the reservations for the reverse journey and sure enough First on the outbound leg (ORD-LHR-MAN) was pricey, but the return in First was only $1,200 extra so now I’m Traveller out and First return. So basically the exact opposite of the pricing structure for my wife’s flights.

Am I misreading this or is there a reason for the pricing differential?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.