Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019-20 status (out early 12/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Lifetime Platinum, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium

FYI, Told today that CKs no longer receive free premium drinks in the AC when flying domestically.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Platinum Elite, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Spyder
FYI, Told today that CKs no longer receive free premium drinks in the AC when flying domestically.
Sort of a shame -- seems like such a low-cost benefit for AA to offer, esp for airports where there's no FL for CKs to visit. But ultimately not one of my favorite benefits anyway.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by TheRealLJah
Sort of a shame -- seems like such a low-cost benefit for AA to offer, esp for airports where there's no FL for CKs to visit. But ultimately not one of my favorite benefits anyway.
Yup, can't say that I really care about that one - if I want a drink I can pay a few bucks. I value much more the "unpurchaseable" benefits such as quick and helpful responses to email! I can't count how many times I use email to resolve some flight issue each year.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Spyder
I DM'd them on Twitter about a month ago on this after encountering it in a couple clubs. Even the agents I talked to thought it was a bad business policy. Here's what AA responded with:
We never disappoint you like this. We know that premium drink vouchers may have been given to you as a courtesy in the past, but they are actually not part of the ConciergeKey benefit package. We’re working to ensure we provide a consistent experience to our customers who are traveling on eligible international itineraries. Of course, as an Admirals Club member, which does come with your ConciergeKey status, you are welcome to complimentary house beer, wine and spirits. We appreciate your loyalty and your honest feedback. We'll share your comment with the right team.

(My note: it's funny they misspoke in the first sentence with 'we never disappoint you like this'... when, ya know, yes you do)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Anyone receive the package yet?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by jmr50
Anyone receive the package yet?
Not yet for me. Pretty sure the renewal email said 4-6 weeks, and that was about 4 weeks ago.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin
Yup, can't say that I really care about that one - if I want a drink I can pay a few bucks. I value much more the "unpurchaseable" benefits such as quick and helpful responses to email! I can't count how many times I use email to resolve some flight issue each year.
I agree that I'll keep the customer service benefits over the drinks, but the drink benefit was worth more than "a few bucks" to many of us. A double Makers and 2 bottles of water at an AC is around $32. Do that several times a week and you're talking real money.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Platinum Elite, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dave_261
Not yet for me. Pretty sure the renewal email said 4-6 weeks, and that was about 4 weeks ago.
You’re right, it’s been 31 days since the emails went out.

Anyone know how the package is mailed? Is it just regular USPS?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Received it as contract benefit for AAirpass for 2018.

2018 Stats
~$50K spend
186K EQM
54 EQS

No invite for 2019 so far.

Last edited by trojanman; Jan 12, 2019 at 9:45 am
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: AA-CK; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
It is amusing to me how many people desire CK membership. Those that seem to want it are looking for an advantage to upgrades. I have found the CK service to be frustrating, expect more to get less! No real connection from ground to air. I have actually had FAs ask what is CK.

Here are the only real benefits in my mind:
1. boarding 10 seconds before everyone else, if the gate agent remembers of course
2. A free AA club membership
3. Access to the Flagship lounges (this is best perk in my opinion)

I do not remember the last time I needed an upgrade. I book all of my fares in first, since most of my travel is coast to coast and international. I tried AirPass in 2018 for myself a a couple other executives, which gave one CK membership, I decided to get out of Airpass for 2019. I was not personally offered a CK renewal, which is fine since there is no real benefit to CK, IMO. I am also an executive with 70 traveling employees, to say that I control a travel budget is an understatement.

Last edited by Booboo159; Jan 12, 2019 at 9:10 am
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
If you DO value domestic upgrades, then CK is certainly helpful there. But the biggest benefit to me is the service, esp during IROPS. Being able to be rebooked onto full flights is great, and I've made numerous connections that would have been impossible without the gate-to-gate Cadillac service.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SW A-List
January Sweep

Anyone know if there will be another review for 2018 in January 2019?

3 years as a CK, travel on AA was down but still hit 47k EQD and 156EQM. Problem was that about 12k of spend was after the invites went out.

When I crossed 150k EQM, the SWU deposits were labeled Concierge Key.

Already spent about 8k EQD in January for an Asia trip, and have a Europe trip and LAX-JFK to purchase for travel this month, just want to know as it would influence my purchase decision. (Also a 1K, if no CK, I may try for the triple of EXP, 1K and DM which should be attainable)

(it would be nice if they sent a sorry no CK, or at least welcome to EXP, but heard nothing either way)
Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA CK, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Platinum
Maybe...

Originally Posted by scottsna
Anyone know if there will be another review for 2018 in January 2019?
I had been waiting/hoping for a renewal ever since the first round back in December. Last week, my CK expiration was 2019... today, it reads 2020! I am thrilled! I purchased some travel for next month. Either that flagged my account for another review, or it was a funny coincidence. Either way, I'm thrilled!

I believe the best perk of CK to be the customer service email address... I'm happy to have access to that for another year.

Good luck!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by giants_fan
I had been waiting/hoping for a renewal ever since the first round back in December. Last week, my CK expiration was 2019... today, it reads 2020! I am thrilled! I purchased some travel for next month. Either that flagged my account for another review, or it was a funny coincidence. Either way, I'm thrilled!

I believe the best perk of CK to be the customer service email address... I'm happy to have access to that for another year.

Good luck!
I'm not a CK, but I've been following this thread, and I was actually waiting on the edge of my seat to see what you in particular would report. You really built up the suspense, and I'm glad it panned out for you because it was looking grim.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SW A-List
Originally Posted by giants_fan

Good luck!
Looked at your stats, similar spend, but you have me on miles and segments.

Guess I will book through January on AA. Worst case I should have the EQD done for the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.