Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019-20 status (out early 12/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019-20 status (out early 12/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: ConciergeKey 4MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hpsu80
About six months late on this, but did any CK renewals not get luggage tags? I hit CK in mid-2018 via challenge and received all of the other items sent in January minus the tags. I called customer service a while back and also asked the executive liaison desk when they called to check in, and got different answers. Customer service said I should have received and liaison said they were for new 2019 members only/any pre-2019 qualifiers didn't receive them. Just curious at this point.
I qualified in June 2018, got the welcome package some weeks later. In December, they extended my status. I DID receive the luggage tag with my 2019/20 welcome package (plus the piece of art, plus the chocolates!)
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by OWdevotee

I qualified in June 2018, got the welcome package some weeks later. In December, they extended my status. I DID receive the luggage tag with my 2019/20 welcome package (plus the piece of art, plus the chocolates!)
Thanks for the confirmation. I called AA and they told me they don't offer them anymore and nothing that can be done so I'm out of luck. Was told that if I want one I have to re-qualify...
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
I assume that mid year quals are out as I just received my first ever CK invite and CK status expires Jan 31 2020. I have been EXP for only three years and had last year only 40k edq and 120k eqm. Prior two years were about the same.

This year for first six months I have 28k eqd, 75k eqm and 15 segments. I assume they qualified me on my run rate and it was very unexpected. I don’t know what I need to do to keep it but I assume they expect me to end on double my six months stats to do so.

i find this bizarre as I was not on any type of challenge and my home airport is DFW.

Anyone else had this occur occur this year or a prior year?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by davecraze
I assume that mid year quals are out as I just received my first ever CK invite and CK status expires Jan 31 2020. I have been EXP for only three years and had last year only 40k edq and 120k eqm. Prior two years were about the same.

This year for first six months I have 28k eqd, 75k eqm and 15 segments. I assume they qualified me on my run rate and it was very unexpected. I don’t know what I need to do to keep it but I assume they expect me to end on double my six months stats to do so.

i find this bizarre as I was not on any type of challenge and my home airport is DFW.

Anyone else had this occur occur this year or a prior year?
I also received mine today and I was surprised since I only started flying since July of last year.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by aarookie

I also received mine today and I was surprised since I only started flying since July of last year.
Congratulations! Would you be willing to divulge your EQD's so far this year?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Uzzar
Congratulations! Would you be willing to divulge your EQD's so far this year?
For this year it’s 64K/205K/25- EQD/EQM/EQS
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aarookie

For this year it’s 64K/205K/25- EQD/EQM/EQS
$2,500 EQD per segment is really strong. I'm not surprised you made it, even on a half year review.. Any decent amount of additional flying between now and end of year would likely be enough to renew for all of CY2020

Last edited by davecraze; Jul 12, 2019 at 9:58 pm
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by davecraze
$2,500 EQD per segment is really strong. I'm not surprised you made it, even on a half year review.. Any decent amount of additional flying between now and end of year would likely be enough to renew for all of CY2020
Since pure EQD isn't the primary factor, numbers like EQD per segment (or per mile) certainly seem likely to be a better representation of what AA is looking for in CKs, although the precise algorithm is undoubtedly more complex.

Numbers like this also illustrate quite nicely why most EXPs shouldn't necessarily be aiming for CK. You'd be a fool to be as "profitable" as some of the CK members who post here, many of whom have employers/clients picking up the tab for pricey higher fare bucket tickets.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by truthknown
Received my CK welcome package today. Was a much smaller box than usual so I immediately thought that it would be crappy this year or I would get the same thing again as I got the last 2 yrs. However I was pleasantly surprised! In it was a metal luggage tag made from the metal of a since retired MD-80. Each tag is one of a kind and it comes with a placard that tells you info about the plane it was made from (tail number, miles flown, # of countries visited, dates built and retired, etc.). Now this is really cool, I love it!

Great job on this one AA!
I saw someone with this on their rollaboard. I thought they were an ex MD pilot.

I never wear brag tags, but I would definitely wear that. They look amazing!
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:55 pm

Would you be willing to sell your older tags? I am a million miller, Ex Plat, was CC in 2019 had my tag stolen off my bag and would like one for my collection.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by enpremiere

I can’t wait to get these with 737 MAX parts when they retire them.
Would you be willing to sell your older tags? I am a million miller, Ex Plat, was CC in 2019 had my tag stolen off my bag and would like one for my collection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.