Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Do you exercise your priority boarding when arriving late at the gate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you exercise your priority boarding when arriving late at the gate?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyinggum
AA should consider doing away from priority boarding for its elites and better yet abolishing its CK program and streamlining current status program to simple two tier gold and platinum.
Programs: AA Platinum
LOL - "AA should change its program to where *I* am in the top tier." Good luck with that plan/request.
This is how we know you're just trolling to rile others up especially when you even admit to doing what you're complaining about because in your mind, *you* had justification for your reason for doing what you don't like what others do.
trooper and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
for what it's worth, this is the only time I'd consider using the priority lane when general groups are being called: when I have a carry-on that requires an overhead bin while seated in Y.
Ah, so your so-called empathy has limits. It's okay to, in your words, be "flaunting and provacative" when it suits you. This has been a trolling exercise, hasn't it.
Antarius and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
AA should consider doing away from priority boarding for its elites and better yet abolishing its CK program and streamlining current status program to simple two tier gold and platinum.
For the love of God, just STOP!
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by nk15
Cutting in front of the line and flaunting my status is all that is left I enjoy in flying AA these days.... After I board the aircraft, it's all downhill from there...
I think the only thing that’s left to enjoy on AA if your flight is not delayed by more than 1 hour.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL
how were you dressed?
This should be completely irrelevant. I'm equivalent CK and I'm often in a tee and hoodie.
carlosdca and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it’s 72-to-1 in favor of using the priority lane?

Personally, I like flipping the bird to the Y pax waiting in line when I go by. Suckas!!!
Old Jul 13, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Surprised this hasn't come up yet, but many times at PHL and sometimes CLT they close the rope on the priority line after group 4. The obvious impression is no one is allowed to use that line any more, although i haven't pressed my luck to see what they would do.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:49 pm

Once upon a time, I probably would have just waited and would consider it bad form to cut the line, even if I could. However, these days, I couldn't care less, since the majority of people who fly nowadays haven't the slightest concept of reciprocity, especially when it comes to manners and etiquette.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
I do use the priority lane even if I am late (my group already called) and regardless of where I am sitting (Y PE F etc)
I don't feel bad at all.
I don't do it to flaunt. I don't like to wait and if I have the privilege (status, F ticket, etc) why not?

I also fly domestic DL a few times a year. I have no status with DL. I board with my group. Sometimes I see pax going straight to the sky priority lane. It doesn't bother me if I notice it. It is not that they suddenly back up the general line as it is usually just one or two pax.
GrumpyYoungMan and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Visconti
Once upon a time, I probably would have just waited and would consider it bad form to cut the line, even if I could. However, these days, I couldn't care less, since the majority of people who fly nowadays haven't the slightest concept of reciprocity, especially when it comes to manners and etiquette.
I completely agree. It was the first boarding group, then the second, and the lady who was waiting really near but not exactly in line (if you were standing 10 feet away you couldn't tell, if you were right there you can somewhat guess by the fact she wasn't moving) apparently wasn't in any of the first few boarding groups, yet hogging up precious line space.
But on another flight I still just boarded with everybody else when I arrived at the gate after my boarding group had been called.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
Of course, doesnt it rank high in being a DYKWIA!

In reality, Ive only done it once.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I got called out and heckled for doing this by a couple of bourgeois types when traveling on BA in France a few years back. It was a smaller airport, LYS IIRC, and the BA service was provided by a contractor who had no interest in backing me up.

I would still do it again .
JonNYC and Antarius like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Global Entry
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I got called out and heckled for doing this by a couple of bourgeois types when traveling on BA in France a few years back. It was a smaller airport, LYS IIRC, and the BA service was provided by a contractor who had no interest in backing me up.

I would still do it again .
did you say excusez-moi or deploy a universal hand signal or both?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Simple if your are CK or Groups 1-4 you are allowed to use the Priority Line at your leisure once your group has been called. I'm not sure why there's even an argument.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I only have to do this when my inbound AA flight is late and I have to run to make my connection. Then it comes in handy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.