Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BA / British schedule change, AA codeshare not updated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA / British schedule change, AA codeshare not updated

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:36 am
Original Poster

BA schedule update that AA hasn't updated yet?

I noticed on some holiday flights that I booked that AA has not matched the times per a recent BA schedule update (happened at least a day or two ago). Even looking at some other city-pairs, the BA times are off a bit but AA has not updated:

PHL-LHR 12/25 the 9:30p BA dep still shows as 9:10p (also, 3 flights that day between BA/AA and two now leave at the exact same time)
BOS-LHR 12/26 the 6:20p and 7:55p deps still show as 6:55p and 8:10p departures

Is this normal and will adjust itself in a day or two?

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 15, 2019 at 4:12 pm Reason: Restore original post title
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
AA always updates schedules on Saturdays. Should be updated soon enough.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Is this normal and will adjust itself in a day or two?
Does it matter? You apparently know about the schedule change; and since BA's operating the flight, AA's opinion on the flight times is irrelevant.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Does it matter? You apparently know about the schedule change; and since BA's operating the flight, AA's opinion on the flight times is irrelevant.
It doesn't matter to me, but it could matter for someone who booked flights on BA through AA and the schedule change violates MCT. <redacted>
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 15, 2019 at 4:14 pm Reason: Personal comment based on reading between the lines removed
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
It doesn't matter to me, but it could matter for someone who booked flights on BA through AA and the schedule change violates MCT. Not sure why you have to be snarky about it.
Sorry, your question struck me the same as those of so many FTers who have no personal interest in something but take it on themselves to police airlines to make sure that they're giving everyone what they "should," even when it doesn't affect them.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
It doesn't matter to me, but it could matter for someone who booked flights on BA through AA and the schedule change violates MCT. <redacted>
As an FTer, you should look at this as an opportunity...

Buy a ticket which you know will result in a misconnect once the schedule is updated, and then get AA to reroute you BOS-LHR via HNL or GRU or sth
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 15, 2019 at 4:15 pm Reason: Deleted previously removed post content from quoted post
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
As an FTer, you should look at this as an opportunity...

Buy a ticket which you know will result in a misconnect once the schedule is updated, and then get AA to reroute you BOS-LHR via HNL or GRU or sth
That... is a surprisingly good idea.

The BA schedule changes didn't update Saturday night like it was speculated above. Award searches are showing the correct times but my res and the cash booking engine are not.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
BA flight removed from schedule, AA codeshare still shows on reservation

I have an AA ticket, flying BA operated AA6190 (LHR-SFO) on Nov 28. The flight has been removed from the BA schedule (in fact both LHR-SFO flights that day have been). But the segment still shows up on my reservation on aa.com. If I call now will they know it's not flying, or should I wait until they notice? How long is that? I want to get on AA109 (LHR-LAX), but don't want to waste time on the phone waiting/explaining until they are ready for it.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by fatlasercat
I have an AA ticket, flying BA operated AA6190 (LHR-SFO) on Nov 28. The flight has been removed from the BA schedule (in fact both LHR-SFO flights that day have been). But the segment still shows up on my reservation on aa.com. If I call now will they know it's not flying, or should I wait until they notice? How long is that? I want to get on AA109 (LHR-LAX), but don't want to waste time on the phone waiting/explaining until they are ready for it.
I'd call NOW. EF is showing AA6190 cancelled, so AA will see that as well.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
I'd call NOW. EF is showing AA6190 cancelled, so AA will see that as well.
Done. Took half an hour on the phone plus some convincing to open I-space, but got what I wanted.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:33 pm

I think I just got hit by this.

A few hours ago, I booked a flight (on the Chase website, using Chase UR points) on AA6135 connecting at LHR to AA6529, in mid-November. I'm scheduled to arrive at LHR at 9:35 and to depart at 10:35. Tight, but hopefully doable.

These are both codeshares - the BA flight numbers are BA114 and BA778. And the BA website correctly shows my reservation on these two flights.

There's only one problem: it shows a schedule change for BA778, now departing at 8:35 - an hour before I'm scheduled to arrive. I would have expected the system to automatically flag such a reservation as impossible, but it seems to be perfectly happy to let me keep it.

Some sleuthing on ITA and Google Flights suggests that BA disagrees with AA (and AY) on the timing of this flight.

Am I correct in assuming that BA's times are likely to be the correct ones, and therefore I have an impossible reservation?

And, if so, what do I do now? Call BA ASAP? (Or would I call AA, since it's an AA codeshare? Or Chase/Expedia?) Cancel my reservation (it is within the 24-hour window) and rebook with a different connection? Wait a while longer and see what happens? Ignore the issue and attempt to fly on my reservation as it stands now?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Had this exact problem a few years ago (except it was with an CX booked on AA). The first flight changed so that I arrived after the next flight on my itin. AA never noticed (i had a few flights over a few months that this affected).
I discovered it accidentally and it did get straightened out with a few phone calls but I would not have liked to have to deal with it mid flight!
It means we always have to check partner tickets - since apparently they haven't fixed the update system for partners.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DoB840
I think I just got hit by this.

A few hours ago, I booked a flight (on the Chase website, using Chase UR points) on AA6135 connecting at LHR to AA6529, in mid-November. I'm scheduled to arrive at LHR at 9:35 and to depart at 10:35. Tight, but hopefully doable.

These are both codeshares - the BA flight numbers are BA114 and BA778. And the BA website correctly shows my reservation on these two flights.

There's only one problem: it shows a schedule change for BA778, now departing at 8:35 - an hour before I'm scheduled to arrive. I would have expected the system to automatically flag such a reservation as impossible, but it seems to be perfectly happy to let me keep it.

Some sleuthing on ITA and Google Flights suggests that BA disagrees with AA (and AY) on the timing of this flight.

Am I correct in assuming that BA's times are likely to be the correct ones, and therefore I have an impossible reservation?

And, if so, what do I do now? Call BA ASAP? (Or would I call AA, since it's an AA codeshare? Or Chase/Expedia?) Cancel my reservation (it is within the 24-hour window) and rebook with a different connection? Wait a while longer and see what happens? Ignore the issue and attempt to fly on my reservation as it stands now?
Is there another flight with AA flight numbers that would be more convenient for you (regardless of price)? If so, then call Chase/Expedia or AA and have them rebook you on those flights due to "schedule change". If not, you should be entitled to a refund. No rush to get it done within the first 24 hours because an impossible connection entitles you to a refund at any point prior to departure.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Is there another flight with AA flight numbers that would be more convenient for you (regardless of price)? If so, then call Chase/Expedia or AA and have them rebook you on those flights due to "schedule change". If not, you should be entitled to a refund. No rush to get it done within the first 24 hours because an impossible connection entitles you to a refund at any point prior to departure.
Wait, so this means that my flight is effectively fully refundable until I get around to calling to rebook? Then I'm definitely in no rush - I might as well keep it in its current state as long as I can. I guess I should keep an eye on the flight I have in mind to make sure it doesn't sell out before I'm on it.

At this point AA is still showing the original (10:35) flight time, so I suppose I should at least wait until AA's system is updated.

I assume it makes no difference that I'm ticketed in Basic Economy.

Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Thanks for this post, i had exact same problem, BA scheduled change by over 4 hours, which will lead to misconnect. called AA couple times, they won't do anything until their schedule updated. Today is Sat, I will just wait till tomorrow and call again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.