Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Consolidated “Goodbye, Cruel Airline” / done with AA thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated “Goodbye, Cruel Airline” / done with AA thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier, EK Skywards Blue, AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, Lufthansa Miles & More, Aeroplan
Eh, whatever--done with AA

Update: I have had it with American Airlines. Soooo... I have decided to end my travels once and for all. Even if someone in my family graduates, gets married, has a kid, or kicks the bucket, the rest of my fam can expect me not to show up, unless the event is within a 40 mile radius of Dallas.
gateH15 likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 7, 2019 at 8:40 am Reason: Preserve original post title
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:53 am

This will save you a lot of money. And wasted time.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 082095
Update: I have had it with American Airlines. Soooo... I have decided to end my travels once and for all. Even if someone in my family graduates, gets married, has a kid, or kicks the bucket, the rest of my fam can expect me not to show up, unless the event is within a 40 mile radius of Dallas.
I haven't been to Dallas in a few years, but I'm pretty sure that American Airlines isn't the only airline that serves the market.
wrp96, gmt4 and GFrye like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:24 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to AA
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Is WN out of DAL an option for you?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
There's always Amtrak. They have a loyalty program, I think.
JonNYC and Antarius like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Catbert10
Does greyhound have a loyalty program? MRTC??

Lol
carlosdca and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Catbert10
I think Greyhound does as well.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The irony of ironies. OP effectively boycotts flying out of Dallas, but then you have OP's profile:

"United Premier, EK Skywards Blue, AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, Lufthansa Miles & More, Aeroplan"

I am willing to bet you that United and Delta just might fly to Dallas. I know its a cow poke town, but I'll bet they've managed to send a plane or two there now and again.

Typical beef head state airport...
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:30 pm

Maybe, just maybe, both you and your family will be happier with that arrangement
Daze, PlatinumScum, muji and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Three syllables:

MEGABUS.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Text prepared for your next airline/bus/train company. (Just to save you the time)
Update: I have had it with XYZ Airlines. Soooo... I have decided to end my travels once and for all. Even if someone in my family graduates, gets married, has a kid, or kicks the bucket, the rest of my fam can expect me not to show up, unless the event is within a 40 mile radius of ABC.

It is possible to drive more then 40 miles or take the bus or take the train or even take another airline. And do no forget private jets:- just for you

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 6, 2019 at 2:44 pm
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by DataPlumber

Maybe, just maybe, both you and your family will be happier with that arrangement
And possibly AA.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Lord, if half the people followed through on their commitment to leave AA, we’d have a pleasant, non-over-burdened, well-oiled airline with upgrades available for all elites & easy-to-traverse hubs.

I’d like to start a go fund me to help push the naysayers over the edge to UA/DL/WN/B6 etc
rumboj likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by joeyE
Lord, if half the people followed through on their commitment to leave AA, we’d have a pleasant, non-over-burdened, well-oiled airline with upgrades available for all elites & easy-to-traverse hubs
Plenty of people leave AA, but they are replaced by others who leave other airlines.
wrp96 and JoeWoodstock like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.