Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

need advice - notification from AA Corporate Security

need advice - notification from AA Corporate Security

Old Jul 5, 19, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post

6-10 times is not exactly a small number.
and letís just go ahead and assume that history tells us that itís 10-12
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Grmaht View Post
this has happened a half dozen times to 10 times if I dig up the emails notifying me to contact eTDS which I did. there have not been any tickets that were not ticketed or cancelled by me after sitting on hold for a long time. I've already emailed them a signed and notarized affidavit that I did not willfully abuse or misuse the system and will use this audit as a one and only warning going forward.
Unfortunately you don't get to decide to take this as a '..one and olny warning' and as Jon said, you've rushed straight past your opportunity to come clean with a blanket denial in the somewhat unusual form of a notarized affadavit.

Some replies here may seem 'harsh', but we are still waiting for the case where someone entirely innocent arrives here on the forum with an unambigous description of how they innocently got into this sort of situation.

Again, as Jon said, make other plans for your future travel, the odds are you will not be using AA awards in future...
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
All I am saying is the CC we've had issues with has been the AA Fly now card. I've had the card get declined either because the payment we made had not posted or processed.
I've never heard of this card before. Now that I have and looked into it, I have no idea why anyone would use it.
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C17PSGR View Post
I'm assuming that AA will often have payment declined on peoples credit cards. Not sure how often that happens to particular individual.

In your case, did you purchase all of those 6-10 tickets using a different form of payment?
Yes the bookings were all ticketed appropriately/correctly. I know its my word against theirs but it's one thing if I intentionally tried to circumvent the system it's another if the payment issue was rectified right?
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
this has happened a half dozen times to 10 times if I dig up the emails notifying me to contact eTDS which I did. there have not been any tickets that were not ticketed or cancelled by me after sitting on hold for a long time. I've already emailed them a signed and notarized affidavit that I did not willfully abuse or misuse the system and will use this audit as a one and only warning going forward. The issue has been our fly now pay later card payment has not processed (my responsibility to confirm that the cc has enough credit youre right). and I've had to use another form of payment. At this point I am at AA's mercy I don't know what else to do other than wait. It seems harsh they went ahead and cancelled all my award travel without any final response/resolution.
Ok, so you used a credit card that was ultimately declined because you did not have sufficient credit available to make the purchase. You did this multiple times and the only times you called in with a valid credit card number were the tickets you actually wanted. You let the speculative bookings lapse as you didn’t want them anyway. Whether they were ‘sitting on hold a long time’ or not is immaterial. You made bookings that removed inventory that AA could no longer sell with a card that was not valid for use for those purchases as there was insufficient credit available. That is exactly what they are accusing you of doing.

If this happened ‘half a dozen to 10 times’, logic would dictate that after the first couple of times of the card being rejected, you would learn to check for sufficient credit before you tried to use the card. 6, 8, 10 or 12 times is not a mistake. It looks like a deliberate attempt to speculatively hold bookings with a card you know will not process to either buy yourself some time to decide if you really want the flight (in which case you would call in with a valid card) or not (in which case you would let the booking lapse for non-payment). Again, exactly what they are accusing you of doing.

Your only hope is to come completely clean with them and admit that this is what happened and throw yourself on their mercy. As is always said in these threads, they already know what happened so trying to put one over on them with lame excuses or pretending you didn’t know will not end well for you. Tell them the truth (and the whole truth) of what you did, promise never to do it again and beg for mercy. That is the only way you will have any chance of keeping your account.
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA - Platinum; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Yes the bookings were all ticketed appropriately/correctly. I know its my word against theirs but it's one thing if I intentionally tried to circumvent the system it's another if the payment issue was rectified right?
​​​​​​
It may be your word against theirs, but THEY are the arbiter in this one...... Not quite a clean either or situation.
Quinlanty and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
One time, sure.

A dozen times, not so much. Why keep doing this over and over if not to game the system in some manner?
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:42 pm

OP might want to be careful with what gets posted here. If AA Corporate Security reads these threads, they can take note of any inconsistencies between OP's statements here and his sworn statements to AA.
orbitmic, nancypants and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
Unfortunately you don't get to decide to take this as a '..one and olny warning' and as Jon said, you've rushed straight past your opportunity to come clean with a blanket denial in the somewhat unusual form of a notarized affadavit.

Some replies here may seem 'harsh', but we are still waiting for the case where someone entirely innocent arrives here on the forum with an unambigous description of how they innocently got into this sort of situation.

Again, as Jon said, make other plans for your future travel, the odds are you will not be using AA awards in future...
I was trying to be open and transparent and willing to cooperate quickly to resolve the matter. It sounds like the chances of this being resolved is slim to none at this point. thank for your the honesty I appreciate it.
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I was trying to be open and transparent and willing to cooperate quickly to resolve the matter. It sounds like the chances of this being resolved is slim to none at this point. thank for your the honesty I appreciate it.
Being open and transparent means telling the truth. That you purposely booked flights where you knew the payment wouldn’t go through immediately because of insufficient credit in order to buy you time to decide if you really wanted the flights you booked, at which point you could then call in with a valid card. It does not mean trying to pretend you didn’t know what you were doing. If maybe not the first time, then certainly the next 8, 10, 12 times once you found the loophole.
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received the attached communication from AA Corp Security - they have cancelled all my award travel for the remainder of the year (just went to pull a bunch of bookings and they have all been cancelled). Any advice? Anyone know how long the audit takes? At no point did I ever committed any fraud by using someone else's credit card. any input would be appreciated - I did reply back to the email notifying them that there was no willful fraud or attempt to abuse the system. I also offered a signed affidavit stating this and that this use of any invalid form of payment would never happen again -
<snip>
AA forum threads on fraud
Often with these type of post it takes a while for all the info/facts to come out
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG75K, BA Silver, accidental DL FO, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, AmEx PLT
Originally Posted by haveric View Post
OP might want to be careful with what gets posted here. If AA Corporate Security reads these threads, they can take note of any inconsistencies between OP's statements here and his sworn statements to AA.
If...?
haveric, TWA884, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
"there have not been any tickets that were not ticketed or cancelled by me after sitting on hold for a long time."

Are you saying you have used the card without available funds, and then sometimes cancelled those bookings without providing a valid form of payment to have them ticketed?
Old Jul 5, 19, 4:02 pm

Programs: Priority Club plat-Hertz 5*-AA gold-Marriott gold-Hilton silver
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
"there have not been any tickets that were not ticketed or cancelled by me after sitting on hold for a long time."

Are you saying you have used the card without available funds, and then sometimes cancelled those bookings without providing a valid form of payment to have them ticketed?
I read that to mean that he hasn't done that.
Old Jul 5, 19, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

No - the opposite. I've always called to get the ticket issued.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: