Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Way to Fly in F To SJU

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Quicksilver, Emerald Club
Why would it be important to get a flat bed between DFW and MIA?
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by rickintul
as a novelty for someone who has never flown in a premium cabin.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Maybe you're new to the AA forum, but the vast overall vibe of this forum has tended to be about people trying to squeeze every bit of experience and privilege out of their experience for the least amount of spent...Not that people don't think about efficiency.
AA used to award credit for actual miles flown, so people came here recommending crazy circuitous routings, how to maximize their time in lounges, how many times they could get bumped as a volunteer, whether they get their pre-departure drink or if they get a free one at all in MCE, and use of systemwide upgrades which places it's "worth" spending them on, etc.
Definitely not thinking about "deals" posted on a completely non-AA forum.
What the OP is asking is very "normal" to ask, and hopefully he's getting some helpful advice or tips vs essentially "you're wasting your time trying, just get where you're flying already"
If were going to go all out for experience how about AUS-DFW-MAD-SJU.

Significant sectors on a 789 and a332
moondog, SJOGuy, cmx and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by rickintul
Mile High Club attempt - and being bold about it?
rickintul and Antarius like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Try out that new red eye from DFW-SJU leaving at 2am and report back! That sounds like a great time 😂
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K
Flying exclusively domestic sectors for work, I very rarely have the opportunity to sit in one of the long haul premium cabins. In fact, I have only flown on the 757 on AA with flat bed seats. I am a bit of a glutton for punishment and when I worked for United once flew AUS-ORD-DEN-LAX-SFO-JFK-SFO-AUS over two days to experience the "new" PS service. I get that's not everyone's cup of tea.

So far, the best information I have gotten is that it's not likely I can waitlist a miles + copay upgrade request using a paper voucher for payment.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MikeShores
Flying exclusively domestic sectors for work, I very rarely have the opportunity to sit in one of the long haul premium cabins. In fact, I have only flown on the 757 on AA with flat bed seats.
Assuming you have an easy chair in your living room and $15 for a pizza, you can create a far more enjoyable experience on your own.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MikeShores
Flying exclusively domestic sectors for work, I very rarely have the opportunity to sit in one of the long haul premium cabins. In fact, I have only flown on the 757 on AA with flat bed seats. I am a bit of a glutton for punishment and when I worked for United once flew AUS-ORD-DEN-LAX-SFO-JFK-SFO-AUS over two days to experience the "new" PS service. I get that's not everyone's cup of tea.

So far, the best information I have gotten is that it's not likely I can waitlist a miles + copay upgrade request using a paper voucher for payment.
I would save the extra money and use it for a true longhaul flight.
carlosdca and enpremiere like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Nope, been here six years, guess you can’t read my avatar thingy.
None of your bio shows on your posts when you view from your phone.
Unless somebody takes the time to click through somebody's username, (hell if I will do that), I know nothing about user names I've not seen post on here. No disrespect meant, I'm just saying there are still people like the OP who post here on the AA forum looking for tips on the experience, not the fastest journey, even if you yourself personally are over the whole thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.