Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAs schedule change but outstanding service

Old Jul 3, 19, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G

I really wanted to drop a salute here to American Airlines... There frequent schedule changes might be a bit annoying... But the flexibility and customer service that comes with them is outstanding.
I booked a pretty exciting itinerary months ago for my partner and me from OSL to HNL - cheap iberia ticket with all sorts of flights including BA AA and Finair in C/First.
and wasnt able to get 2 seats on the flight PHX to HNL so had to book 2 different ones and we got separated on that flight.
Now AA came up with a 20 min delay change on my partners HNL flight.. I called AA directly and it only took a few minutes and he rebooked him on the last seat in F on the earlier / MY flight
no surcharge. nothing. last seat 1a--

Now we will be able to fly together the whole route.. Great support.. thank you AA
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Glad to hear you had great service from AA, its nice to read about the positive with AA , rather then just the negative.
Happy holidays
Spanish and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, Nat'l EE, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
I think most of us have found that the ability to leverage schedule changes in our favor, combined with a semi-competent phone agent, presents some great potential value for travelers in the frequentflyer-sphere.

Now, consistency of these interactions is up for debate, and the occasional (erm...frequent?...) headaches that come with the schedule changes and resulting customer service interactions seems to be what gets reported on more around here. A virtual gripe session at times.

Glad it worked out for you OP!

So... are we taking bets on if PDB's will be served during your flights?
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
There's certainly more reason to gripe the last few months & even the last year or two, depending on one's level of engagement & business with AA, but I also know there's plenty of AA employees who are still dedicated to their jobs & roles & trying to do what they can. We ourselves had some IRROPS this last weekend that started with a cancelled flight from CLT. We eventually flew through a different hub while our bags toured America & 2 other AA hubs. Most of the employees we encountered we absolutely fine & sympathetic.
Old Jul 3, 19, 9:02 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Iíve definitely had the opposite experience of the OP, both in off schedule operations (which seems to be what the OP is talking about) and also advanced schedule changes.

With Off Schedule Operations, Iíve found that the executive platinum desk canít/wonít do anything until an official delay has been posted. Often times official delays arenít posted until the time of departure even if you can see that the inbound flight is delayed or that the flight isnít boarding. This is particularly frustrating late in the evening as options become more limited.

For advanced schedule change, Iíve had to pull teeth to get +/- 1 day date changes which used to be easy.
Old Jul 3, 19, 9:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, MaÓtre-plongeur des Muccis
Congratulations! Often AA wonít do anything in cases where thereís a 20 minute schedule change unless it causes a violation of minimum connection time. You won the telephone lottery with that agent.

Enjoy Hawaii!
aztimm likes this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 12:16 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, AAdvantage, Southwest Airlines
I can second that great service. Yesterday, we were alerted of a schedule change for a trip in October. Originally, we were flying DFW-PHX-SJD. With the change, our connection went from about 1 hour down to 45 minutes.

I called up AA yesterday and said it was a little too tight for comfort and that Flight AAXXXX would work out better for us. Five minutes later we were put on the flight I suggested (a nonstop) without any complaint.

This is certainly a win-win for us. We now get a nonstop that leaves later than we were originally scheduled to leave, but arrive earlier than originally planned.

It was handled very professionally and I thanked her profusely for the wonderful customer service.
fotographer likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: