Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Upgrade with Miles (easier from PE? to merge)

Upgrade with Miles (easier from PE? to merge)

Old Jun 30, 19, 9:27 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 165
Upgrade with Miles (easier from PE? to merge)

Is it easier to upgrade from premium economy to business than economy to business? Both seem to be 25000 miles pp plus $350 fee.
wesport is offline  
Old Jun 30, 19, 9:39 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 6,967
Originally Posted by wesport View Post
Is it easier to upgrade from premium economy to business than economy to business? Both seem to be 25000 miles pp plus $350 fee.
There is no difference. The upgrade price is the same as you mentioned, and the waitlist is sorted by status then rolling EQD. Buying premium economy does not provide any priority over regular economy.
GTITAN likes this.
JJeffrey is offline  
Old Jul 1, 19, 1:52 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Gatwick, UK
Programs: UA *G, AA EXP
Posts: 1,439
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
There is no difference. The upgrade price is the same as you mentioned, and the waitlist is sorted by status then rolling EQD. Buying premium economy does not provide any priority over regular economy.
The upgrade price is only the same if you are booked in PE in Fare P. If you are booked on Fare W then the upgrade is 15000 and no copay.
airmarc likes this.
SeattleDavid is offline  
Old Jul 1, 19, 4:24 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Programs: AA EX PLAT
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
There is no difference. The upgrade price is the same as you mentioned, and the waitlist is sorted by status then rolling EQD. Buying premium economy does not provide any priority over regular economy.
So in theory, if you purchased PE, which is more likely expensive than economy, doesn't that count towards EQD at that time, and could possibly bump you higher on the waitlist priority? Or do they count the EQD only after you have flown that leg?
airmarc is offline  
Old Jul 1, 19, 5:58 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 6,967
Originally Posted by airmarc View Post
So in theory, if you purchased PE, which is more likely expensive than economy, doesn't that count towards EQD at that time, and could possibly bump you higher on the waitlist priority? Or do they count the EQD only after you have flown that leg?
EQD is credited when the flight posts after you fly the segment, not when you purchase the ticket.
JJeffrey is offline  
Old Jul 1, 19, 6:04 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 6,967
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid View Post
The upgrade price is only the same if you are booked in PE in Fare P. If you are booked on Fare W then the upgrade is 15000 and no copay.
Very true but it's also 15k and no copay from full fare economy as well, so again for all intents and purposes the upgrade pricing is the same.
JJeffrey is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: