Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can I reassign AA as my credited program after flying a BA flight I earned Avios on?

Can I reassign AA as my credited program after flying a BA flight I earned Avios on?

Old Jun 24, 19, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

I took a BA flight in March, on a BA ticket. I originally used my BA Avios number on my reservation. Can I ask BA to remove/cancel the earn from that flight, and then submit to AA for mileage credit?
Old Jun 24, 19, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by bmchris View Post
I took a BA flight in March, on a BA ticket. I originally used my BA Avios number on my reservation. Can I ask BA to remove/cancel the earn from that flight, and then submit to AA for mileage credit?
You can ask
Old Jun 24, 19, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by bmchris View Post
You can ask but they are almost certainly going to say no. I personally wouldn't spend the time trying to ask given the tiny probability of success. Once miles have credited to one program it's incredibly hard to switch to another one, even in cases where the airlines have made an error.
Old Jun 24, 19, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
It is possible

You would need to ask BA to reverse the credit in your BAEC account and then retro claim via AA and the process can and does go wrong. It's always better to use the right FF number in the first place.

And BA may be as reluctant as AA apparently are in refusing such reversals if you have used any of your status benefits such as BA seat selection or lounge access.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: