Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Hypothetical Crazy Reroute...Possible? (JFK-LHR-AUS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hypothetical Crazy Reroute...Possible? (JFK-LHR-AUS)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Was it with AA? If so, no issue aside for a kind of wild rerouting. As AA is a US carrier, it would not be considered cabotage. And in the case of the OP, if somehow they "allowed" JFK-LHR-AUS, and the first segment was on AA, there shouldn't be a issue from a cabotage perspective.
Yes.

I recently has inquired about PHL-LHR-BOS due to AA's maintenance shenanigans resulting in being stranded in PHL. GA was not amused and was awfully rude (to be fair, thats par for the course for PHL)
IAHtraveler and MathMusic like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Was it with AA? If so, no issue aside for a kind of wild rerouting. As AA is a US carrier, it would not be considered cabotage. And in the case of the OP, if somehow they "allowed" JFK-LHR-AUS, and the first segment was on AA, there shouldn't be a issue from a cabotage perspective.
Hola! During the time of the volcan in 2010 I was ticketed on UA LHR to IAD. The delays were stretching for many days and with a polite insistence it was possible to reroute UE to EEUU via NRT or HKG. But that is different from the example of OP.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA 5MM EXP, UA 2MM 1K, HH LT DIA, MR Plat, NRAC EEV, AMEX Plat
I have been routed JFK-LHR-BOS twice, and JFK-SJU-STT-BOS on JFK-BOS Eagle flights back when Eagle was in BOS, and MIA-PLS-BOS on a MIA-BOS cancelled segment. I’ve also successfully routed LAX-YVR multiple times when SEA had even minor delays.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:44 pm

There was a TPG or OMAAT article couple of year ago when the author needed to be in NYC and was traveling from California. I think they either booked an award LAX-LHR-JFK or got rebooked in LAX-LHR-JFK cuz those were the only flights operating during IRROPS
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Back in 2011 when Qantas CEO grounded the airline in response to union behaviour, my domestic flight from BNE- PER was rebooked as BNE-SIN-PER on Singapore Airlines.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K
So, based upon the recent information, it appears that it could be possible, but would require an agent that was willing (or able) to affect the reroute. Additionally, it sounds like the liklihood of this actually happening would be relatively slim.

Again, the only reason I asked is because in IRROPS situations here in Austin (of which there have been a lot over the last month-weather) the only confirmed flight availability in/out often for 24+ hours is via London.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AA 5MM EXP, UA 2MM 1K, HH LT DIA, MR Plat, NRAC EEV, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by MikeShores
Again, the only reason I asked is because in IRROPS situations here in Austin (of which there have been a lot over the last month-weather) the only confirmed flight availability in/out often for 24+ hours is via London.
AUS-LHR might not work because its operated by BA. However, AUS has non-stops to both JFK and LAX. If you're trying to get to one, connect over the other. As a bonus, you'll get the A321T. LAX-BOS is also on the A321T, and I have not failed to get an opup to F in either direction since the service started.

I've also been OAL'd to AS IAH-SEA-DFW for a cancelled flight.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Antarius
I had inquired about this a few weeks ago here as I was in a similar situation.

A few years ago, I got an IRROPS rebooking via MEX (USA-MEX-USA), however it sounds like that should not have happened.
If both flights to/from MEX were AA, it’s allowed. AA can sell MIA-MEX-LAX if it wants to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.