Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Never flying AA again / AA is horrid / I hate AA (consolidated 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never flying AA again / AA is horrid / I hate AA (consolidated 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
not everyone has the means to pay for F.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by enviroian
Then perhaps you can spring for Delta's Economy Comfort product (or UA's Economy Plus) as a compromise between no-status Y and F.

You might also find that Delta F DFW-XXX with a connection over ATL or SLC (or UA F via IAH) is occasionally priced below DFW-XXX nonstop coach on AA.

Do you bother checking creative OA itineraries for your weekend leisure trips or do you just blindly book AA and post rants here?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
Out of Miami DL offers some great one-stop first class fares, often at less than half what AA charges for a nonstop.
Bingo. "Hub captive" is a popular term thrown around these fora. It's also a highly inaccurate one.
JonNYC and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

would you fly an airline that you have no status on?
Of course I do; I book the most suitable airline for the trip that I am doing - upcoming weeks I am travelling on QF, MH, WY, LH and EY because they worked out best for the trip I am doing

in economy, I just purchase extra legroom seats and find that there is little difference having status or not
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
Wow what a bunch of crap responses.

By the way:

1. Flying is always bliss and unstressful.
2. Flying AA is beautiful and fun in all classes of service all the time.
3. Santa and the Easter bunny are real.

All the OP wanted was to vent. He didnt ask for help, changes in has travel plans for the future, or a life coach. Everyone seems to have missed this. And if you "seasoned" travelers haven't wanted to vent at one time or another over the glories of long haul travel then you are different than most.

So sit back, let him tell his tale, let a brother have his time and support him because tomorrow or the next day that's going to be YOU. .

All the best.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by mnhusker

By the way:

All the OP wanted was to vent. He didnt ask for help, changes in has travel plans for the future, or a life coach. Everyone seems to have missed this. And if you "seasoned" travelers haven't wanted to vent at one time or another over the glories of long haul travel then you are different than most.

So sit back, let him tell his tale, let a brother have his time and support him because tomorrow or the next day that's going to be YOU. .

All the best.
New to the AA forum?
no1cub17 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Honestly, I think you are just blissfully happy in being miserable. There is really no other conclusion to be drawn.

You just seem to delight in feeling you are a victim with no options whatsoever and you want to share your misery with the rest of us over and over and over and over...

Regards

P.S. And YES, of course I fly airlines I don't have status on. Good grief, newsflash most of the traveling public, millions of people everyday around the world, fly on airlines they don't have status on. Having status clearly doesn't seem to help with your despise for AA.

Last edited by scubadu; Jun 22, 2019 at 11:02 am
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat

By the way:

All the best.
Absolutely nobody in this thread and few in this forum have every asserted the ridiculous sarcastic assertions you've stated above. And in fact, that is the very point, we all already know that traveling is stressful and that AA isn't the airline it was years ago. So what, pray tell, is the point in simply beating that horse to death every frickin' day?! It doesn't add any value or actionable content to this forum.

Many of us track and participate in multiple airline forums on FT. Can you imagine if every single flier on FT that experiences a delay, a missed connection, a weather event, or one of the myriad of other things that can go wrong when flying, created a new thread in order to "vent." It would be chaos. Things happen when you travel, that's life, deal with it. I don't know who in the world decreed that it is appropriate/necessary to go "vent" on the internet to 50,000 of your closet anonymous friends ever time you experience a perceived travel "injustice."

So as my wife likes to tell me when I whine (aka vent) to her; "suck it up buttercup."

Regards
travelingbob likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
would you fly an airline that you have no status on?
All the time. Loyalty in this environment is for chumps (thanks Herb687). My travel patterns and preferences on pricing put me on AS
to get status fairly naturally, but I’m actually going to try UA in peon/“we hate you, you cheap b^st^rd” class because it’s a quick weekend trip where I can fit clothes in an under seat weekend bag, and I want to do the exercise of “what if I didn’t have status and grabbed cheap fares no matter what, how bad would it be?”, and the price was unbeatable for summer travel.

Hub captivity means you’re a prisoner of your own mind a lot of the time. FTers like to dog on WN and NK here, but I don’t find the experience as terror-inducing as they do. YMM of course V.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by Herb687
Yes. I would. I do. And you should too.
SAS J in 10 days. Just booked a J flight with EVA. If you have enough say so in your job, you should talk to whoever is in charge of the contract and spend your valuable time impressing them with how bad AA is. Posting here will not change AA. Losing a $100,000 contract "might" make AA listen, but I doubt it The best part of this thread is all the other comments. Thanks people for entertaining me.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by boerne
SAS J in 10 days. Just booked a J flight with EVA.
Again, easy to say how good it is to fly others and not be captive when you're paying to fly J. Who wouldn't be happy in this situation?

Exactly my point.

Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
Originally Posted by scubadu
Absolutely nobody in this thread and few in this forum have every asserted the ridiculous sarcastic assertions you've stated above. And in fact, that is the very point, we all already know that traveling is stressful and that AA isn't the airline it was years ago. So what, pray tell, is the point in simply beating that horse to death every frickin' day?! It doesn't add any value or actionable content to this forum.

Many of us track and participate in multiple airline forums on FT. Can you imagine if every single flier on FT that experiences a delay, a missed connection, a weather event, or one of the myriad of other things that can go wrong when flying, created a new thread in order to "vent." It would be chaos. Things happen when you travel, that's life, deal with it. I don't know who in the world decreed that it is appropriate/necessary to go "vent" on the internet to 50,000 of your closet anonymous friends ever time you experience a perceived travel "injustice."

So as my wife likes to tell me when I whine (aka vent) to her; "suck it up buttercup."

Regards
1. If the moderator allow the threads, then who are you to say there is a problem with OP's "venting; shoot, isn't that what social media was invented for ?

2. Again, many of the posters in this thread should notice that the OP NEVER asks for advice, you all just presume in your ultimate FT wisdom to give it to him. And then you are unhappy when he doesn't want to take it, gee I wonder why?

3. The "ridiculous sarcastic assertions" are called comedic hyperbole and obviously missed for you because they hit a sore spot, the fact that you know that the kernel of truth is there in OP's statements and the hyperbole but to acknowledge them would be to give OP comfort, something you are unwilling to do.

4. I feel sorry for you. My spouse of 35 years has never told me to "suck it up" but has supported and cherished me, as I have her, when times were less than perfect whether of AA, mine or anyone else's making.

All the best.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:16 pm

Again, easy to say how good it is to fly others and not be captive when you're paying to fly J. Who wouldn't be happy in this situation?

Exactly my point.

It is extremely easy to buy tickets on other airlines and travel on them - you have a choice - you are choosing to fly AA - if it is so bad, then fly another airline

there is no need to have a pretty coloured rewards card to fly on an airline

2. Again, many of the posters in this thread should notice that the OP NEVER asks for advice, you all just presume in your ultimate FT wisdom to give it to him. And then you are unhappy when he doesn't want to take it, gee I wonder why?
perhaps there is a more appropriate place for the posts then

4. I feel sorry for you. My spouse of 35 years has never told me to "suck it up" but has supported and cherished me, as I have her, when times were less than perfect whether of AA, mine or anyone else's making.
was the poster's spouse posting?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by sbrower
That is a wonderful feature! Luckily, AA also has that feature.
Not on the app, you can't. Or at least the iPhone app, because I don't have the android app handy. Or if you can, I certainly can't find the functionality.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sbrower
That is a wonderful feature! Luckily, AA also has that feature.
So does DL.....or you can use flightaware for free to check this (as well as see gate assignments earlier).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.