Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Irony of the day (AA meal vouchers no good in Admirals Club)

Irony of the day (AA meal vouchers no good in Admirals Club)

Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by davie355
I hate AA but cannot fault them for this oversight - they have much bigger priorities.
I really don't get when people say these things. Is this an issue that should go up to the CEO level? Of course not! However, this is an issue that should be brought to the attention of the manager for the Admirals Club.
SK, LINDEGR, deeruck and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
THis does sound odd because the vouchers I got in MIA (many vouchers, 2 in person then 2 in e-mail) were Mastercard account numbers that were scanned at one merchant and typed in at others. Surely the AC accepts Mastercard?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:56 am

I used a meal voucher fairly recently (cannot say if it was post switch as I do not know when the switch occurred) and beyond some head scratching the bar tender was able to make it work and the food was not terrible actually.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Delta still prohibits members from bringing in the sky club any food from outside. Not sure if they have a a menu to order like we do in AA clubs, but I'm definitely glad to be able to bring in food from the terminal. I've done my share of dunkin donuts brought in when I've gotten a sweet tooth for breakfast.
I'm all about Popeye's spicy chicken at DFW A..
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm all about Popeye's spicy chicken at DFW A..
You're not the guy who brought it onboard to eat on a flight to DCA last week were you? I didn't appreciate it
Uzzar likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by deeruck
You're not the guy who brought it onboard to eat on a flight to DCA last week were you? I didn't appreciate it
Not this time No, usually, I will take to the AC to be complimented by some fine BUD. I have noticed over time that there are some jealous looks at the bar as a nibble on the spicy crunchiness.

But, back on topic. I hope AA food vouchers are accepted at Popeye's, as much as can enjoy the pressed panini..
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I really don't get when people say these things. Is this an issue that should go up to the CEO level? Of course not! However, this is an issue that should be brought to the attention of the manager for the Admirals Club.
Of course not?
What is an issue that should be brought to the CEO?

Do you know many online reviews are for nothing relevant to the business? Do you think the business owner would prefer to be notified before the review? I sure would.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:21 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by donotblink

I use the digital vouchers to refill my Dunkin’ Donuts account, it’s easier than trying to use it at the airport.
​​​​​​​Was that an option? Drat! I had a 15-hour delay out of PHX last night and I used it at some restaurant for a pre-flight lunch since AA's inflight meals usually suck. Today was no exception. Cheeseburger or "Carribean" chicken salad.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by uxb
Was that an option? Drat! I had a 15-hour delay out of PHX last night and I used it at some restaurant for a pre-flight lunch since AA's inflight meals usually suck. Today was no exception. Cheeseburger or "Carribean" chicken salad.
​​​​​​​yes, they send you a prepaid MasterCard number, expires the following day.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by donotblink

yes, they send you a prepaid MasterCard number, expires the following day.
I tried this for Starbucks, but it requires the full address and name for the card. Any other ways to use this? None of the restaurants in the airport would accept it since it was not a paper voucher.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I tried this for Starbucks, but it requires the full address and name for the card. Any other ways to use this? None of the restaurants in the airport would accept it since it was not a paper voucher.
The few times I got these I used them to refill my dunkin donuts account.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Sometimes stores have no fee for buying prepaid Mastercard. I bought some recently to hit a spending requirement for a credit card bonus. When I use them online, I just use my name and address info and they work fine. I assume these would to.
Though it isn't direct payment for food at the airport, it evens out in the end,
I used them to pay off internet, cell phone, and electric bills. Not for the water/sewer/trash bill because I would get charged 3% for that

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.