Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Irony of the day (AA meal vouchers no good in Admirals Club)

Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:40 am
Original Poster

I’m sitting in the dca Admirals Club after having my third flight out of WAS cancelled in the last eighteen hours. I got a meal voucher because the last cancellation was mechanical, and was pleased by the irony that Admirals Clubs do not accept AA meal vouchers! Going for great, AA!

saunders111

ps Maybe this belongs in the “littlest thing to complain about” thread, but it does kinda feel like AA goes out of their way sometimes to crap on their customers.
FrogProf and SouthernCross like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by saunders111
I’m sitting in the dca Admirals Club after having my third flight out of WAS cancelled in the last eighteen hours. I got a meal voucher because the last cancellation was mechanical, and was pleased by the irony that Admirals Clubs do not accept AA meal vouchers! Going for great, AA!

saunders111

ps Maybe this belongs in the “littlest thing to complain about” thread, but it does kinda feel like AA goes out of their way sometimes to crap on their customers.
I use the digital vouchers to refill my Dunkin’ Donuts account, it’s easier than trying to use it at the airport.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:39 pm

Go back landside and use it at Chick-Fil-A.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Interesting, considering HMS Host will gladly take them anywhere else in the airport.

I never had an issue redeeming these under the Sodexo days
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by saunders111

saunders111

It belongs in an “AA missed the boat on this” or “AA sure overlooked this” thread if we had one. It’s seriously dumb of AA to miss this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
It belongs in an “AA missed the boat on this” or “AA sure overlooked this” thread if we had one. It’s seriously dumb of AA to miss this.
We should totally start one. Surely would go viral on here quickly
Old Jun 17, 2019, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by joepercussion1

We should totally start one. Surely would go viral on here quickly
Largest thread on FT!

I did email the Admirals Club suggesting this was a significant oversight by AA, forcing Club members to use vouchers at other vendors in the airport than the (logical) Club. I’ll post the reply, hoping contacting the Club as a member might get a better reply than some irrelevant boiler plate from AA Customer Relations.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Largest thread on FT!

I did email the Admirals Club suggesting this was a significant oversight by AA, forcing Club members to use vouchers at other vendors in the airport than the (logical) Club. I’ll post the reply, hoping contacting the Club as a member might get a better reply than some irrelevant boiler plate from AA Customer Relations.
I wouldn’t hold my breath for a reply....wrote in a month ago about an issue at LGA and never got a reply but the problem was fixed....they are reading them but just no replying.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981

I wouldn’t hold my breath for a reply....wrote in a month ago about an issue at LGA and never got a reply but the problem was fixed....they are reading them but just no replying.
If they ignore a reasonable question from a Club member since 1986, they’ll get more than a message asking again.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:39 pm

Food for purchase in domestic clubs is basically an afterthought. The last time I bought food at the LAX club, another passenger glared in amazement and asked me where I got it.

I hate AA but cannot fault them for this oversight - they have much bigger priorities.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA ExePlat
I used a meal voucher in ORD club earlier this year. YMMV
laagima, arollins and JDiver like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by jsieds
I used a meal voucher in ORD club earlier this year. YMMV
I second the above, but mine was several years back.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by davie355
Food for purchase in domestic clubs is basically an afterthought. The last time I bought food at the LAX club, another passenger glared in amazement and asked me where I got it.

I hate AA but cannot fault them for this oversight - they have much bigger priorities.
Delta still prohibits members from bringing in the sky club any food from outside. Not sure if they have a a menu to order like we do in AA clubs, but I'm definitely glad to be able to bring in food from the terminal. I've done my share of dunkin donuts brought in when I've gotten a sweet tooth for breakfast.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I don't think I'd use the vouchers for food at the AC. If there's an AC I normally decline the vouchers or even at times handed to other paxs to use.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Largest thread on FT!

Thank you for this! I was in the AC in a day pass, so it probably wouldn’t have helped much for me to send such an email.

saunders111

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.