FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   DFW-KEF 6-16-2019 cancelled crew “issues” (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1974304-dfw-kef-6-16-2019-cancelled-crew-issues.html)

boerne Jun 16, 2019 8:08 pm

DFW-KEF 6-16-2019 cancelled crew “issues”

There was weather at DFW, the plane was moved from a 2030 departure then 2130 departure then cancelled with no announcement in the FL. I find it hard to believe weather caused a crew issue for a 7:50 hour international flight. So far they are claiming weather but it’s really not. Is it mechanical? Any help

xliioper Jun 16, 2019 8:14 pm

If crew were delayed inbound from another airport due to weather, then it's weather related.

boerne Jun 16, 2019 8:30 pm

Bummer. No response from twitter team for 30 minutes. So twitter fail too.

hard to believe an overnight international flight had crews that were flying in.

fotographer Jun 17, 2019 3:29 am

so any new updates... dont leave us hanging

milesandmoremiles Jun 17, 2019 9:38 am

With the major storm system that moved through the DFW area and the resulting madness at DFW that ensued, its no surprise that some flights were having crew issues and that the social media team was slower on its responses.

GetSetJetSet Jun 17, 2019 9:45 am

Whoa, since when is there DFW-KEF?

dls25 Jun 17, 2019 10:23 am

What exactly do you want AA to tell you? They are not going to change it from a weather cancel to a mechanical because you tweeted them. DFW was a hot weather mess yesterday (and really this entire year) so the excuse is plausible.

thunderlounge Jun 17, 2019 10:52 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 31211341)
Whoa, sense when is there DFW-KEF?

Started last summer.

GetSetJetSet Jun 17, 2019 10:53 am

Originally Posted by thunderlounge (Post 31211603)
Started last summer.

seasonal only?

thunderlounge Jun 17, 2019 10:54 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 31211610)
seasonal only?

IIRC, yes.

GetSetJetSet Jun 17, 2019 10:58 am

Originally Posted by thunderlounge (Post 31211615)
IIRC, yes.

Okthx

boerne Jun 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Yes DFW-KEF is seasonal, with the international 757, or so they say. Crazy line and disruptive pax in the FL trying to get re-routed. Twitter team finally responded but didnt help. Great AAngel in the FL well past closing time stayed with us and got us on the ~1130 pm DFW-DUB in Y, with an onward flight on IcelandAir in J on tuesday so we can get on the boat. There were 2 empty PE seats before the doors closed. I went to a friendly looking FA, and in my best 3 helix voice asked if two distressed EXP could move there if they didn't fill. She checked her tablet and said they were taken but if they didn't show she would check with the GA. Sure enough, we got the battlefield upgrade to PE. We have not flown in PE so it was educational. The bulkhead seats, especially on the 2 seat sides had way more leg room than the other rows. So we maxed out our recline and I used my blanket and pillow to get my legs just a bit higher. Food was meh. We were right next to the bathroom but the flight must have been for patients on dialysis because hardly anyone used it. My wifes watch said she got 5.5 hours of sleep, and I am pretty sure I got 4+ on this 8 hour flight. After we got to DUB we went to the AA desk landside to see if we could keep going. No dice. As we were walking away one GA came and got us and took us back. I was not sure about EC 261
  • have been transferred from the flight for which he/she held a reservation to some other flight
But magically we were given a hotel room, dinner and breakfast in DUB. Now, if we can just get to KEF before 4 pm we are all good. Recommendations for requesting compensation? Should I ask for credit for DUB in J, or ORC DFW-KEF, I fare?

LINDEGR Jun 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by boerne (Post 31211891)
After we got to DUB we went to the AA desk landside to see if we could keep going. No dice. As we were walking away one GA came and got us and took us back.

What does this mean- "keep going"?

boerne Jun 17, 2019 12:50 pm

after arrival in DUB, get a flight to KEF same day (today)

econometrics Jun 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Glad this got worked out for you, boerne! Getting 2 seats in PE is great, too.

16 June was a crazy mess at KDFW. Those storms rolled up out of nowhere, and did not move through quickly like they usually do. We're still without power at my home just W of the airport.

The DFW-LIM flight was also canceled last night. Most likely both the KEF and LIM flights were canceled because the 75Ls and their crews could not get into DFW to depart on time before clocking out.