Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Disappearing MileSAAver / award inventory 15 June 2019 [consolidated]

Old Jun 15, 19, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

I have been looking at a trip from MVD to DEN in August. There was a lot of inventory with most days available. This morning all MilesAAver seats are gone in both classes for months on end. Is this a glitch or something to do with dynamic pricing?
BradyD likes this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by myleguy View Post
I have been looking at a trip from MVD to DEN in August. There was a lot of inventory with most days available. This morning all MilesAAver seats are gone in both classes for months on end. Is this a glitch or something to do with dynamic pricing?
Just wanted to add that I was looking at a couple MileSaaver awards from Cincinnati to Charlotte last night for July and those awards have now disappeared. Furthermore, no economy milesaaver awards are available on this route for the next 3 months at all. I'm thinking there might be a glitch?
Old Jun 15, 19, 3:05 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
I have been looking at two itineraries, one for SJO and one for MEX, from LAX and both had inventory for sAAver award space dry up overnight also. I came her to see if there were others in my shoes. I suspect a systemwide shift or a short term glitch. I know availability changes often but this was drastic one day to the next. Luckily I have one on hold.
worldiswide likes this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 3:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Just did some random checks for flights in July, and yes, saver award space practically disappeared overnight....really odd.
Old Jun 15, 19, 3:34 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
I have a memory of his happening once before a few years back and the next day the availability showed up again. Since itís a Saturday it may not be until Monday. We shall see.
Old Jun 15, 19, 4:46 pm

Thanks for the followup, all. I seriously thought I was losing my mind. I went all the way to January 2020 and there are no economy milesaaver awards available for my itinerary. I'll be sure to update this thread if I see the glitch rectify itself and would also appreciate an update if y'all find it first!
Old Jun 15, 19, 5:23 pm

I also came here to see if anybody else was having issues. Iíve been monitoring a flight from DFW to EDI and all availability disappeared. I even called AA to see if it was just an online glitch. The agent I talked to was really dismissive and acted like I didnít know what I was talking about. Iím glad itís not just me.
Old Jun 15, 19, 5:44 pm

Same problem here. I booked a cheap one way flight to Barcelona in mid September and was planning to use my frequent flyer miles for a one way ticket back from Europe. I had narrowed it down to several cities that Milesaaver rewards were wide open for. Had just checked last night and everything was fine. Planned to make a decision this weekend. Figured I had plenty of time. Now today I can't seem to find Milesaaver rewards on any Europe to US flights. Just ran across this thread when searching online as to if there is some kind of glitch going on.
Old Jun 15, 19, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Yeah this is weird. Even stupid, short hop routes that are usually flooded with saver availability have been nuked. And not just for the near or even intermediate term... through end of schedule...
Old Jun 15, 19, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA
There were more schedule changes loaded last night (I have a trip home from Europe that is badly screwed).. Give them a couple of days to shake out before panicking about saver ability. If by Monday it’s still an issue then I would question it.
kpott likes this.
Old Jun 16, 19, 8:45 am

Same issue here from PIT. Will check on Monday to see any update.
Old Jun 16, 19, 10:05 am

Same issue from Detroit to/from Europe
Old Jun 16, 19, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Originally Posted by myleguy View Post
Why didnít you book them when you saw them available? With AA you snooze you lose.
Old Jun 16, 19, 11:43 am

Yeah the OCD in me was saying book now on Friday when they were there. I was kinda paranoid something would go wrong, but even in that I didn't think they'd ax Milesaaver awards on all flights from Europe for the rest of the year overnight. Keeping my fingers crossed it's a mistake.
Old Jun 16, 19, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
Why didnít you book them when you saw them available? With AA you snooze you lose.
Yup. It's weird how often this happens. I've booked awards multiple times when EF showed T7, then after booking a short while later it'll go to T0. I really doubt it's because someone else booked 5 awards. Definitely have to at least hold AA awards when they're available.

Search this Thread