Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Disappearing MileSAAver / award inventory 15 June 2019 [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing MileSAAver / award inventory 15 June 2019 [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum
One LAS to BCN milesaver flight came back into system last night but it has a 12 hour layover in Philadelphia. So I'm sticking with my British flight and will keep watching since I can change anytime without a fee.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
So worthless, domestic transcons certainly not fixed. AA continues to devalue the earned benefits. UA has awards but close in booking fee.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Sadly none of mine that i need are updated or rather, maybe they just have Zero availability still at 330 days out.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:39 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by owflyer
UA has awards but close in booking fee.
NOT for certain elites and not for anyone after November!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
not for anyone after November!
But after then who knows how many miles it will be.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:21 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I was watching one particular route for a September and a January trip. Before the disappearance 3 of the 4 legs were in low season at 12.5 and every day wide open. Now they are all wide open but 15k
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by abk
I was watching one particular route for a September and a January trip. Before the disappearance 3 of the 4 legs were in low season at 12.5 and every day wide open. Now they are all wide open but 15k
Try both both AA award booking engines. Frankly if you’re talking about a 2.5K mile difference these days then you lead a pretty good life as far as award travel goes.

As they say, you can’t have your sAAver and eat it too.

Or maybe it’s you can’t have your Saber and Qik too...
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:53 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by enpremiere

Try both both AA award booking engines. Frankly if you’re talking about a 2.5K mile difference these days then you lead a pretty good life as far as award travel goes.

As they say, you can’t have your sAAver and eat it too.

Or maybe it’s you can’t have your Saber and Qik too...
Not sure what you mean by both booking engines. However I have flown this route for the past 4 year quarterly and the off season was alway 12.5 and high 15. Now from what I see there is no such thing as 12.5 anymore.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Have not read thru this thread, but..... I think the stews pushing AA credit cards on flights should be arrested for fraud. I'm looking for a flight to FLL next month and cannot believe what I am seeing.....at any price in miles. It was horrible a month ago. Today it is ultra horrible. AA lifetime plat that flies only when walking is not practical. I'll buy coach tickets on AA because I can get a decent seat. All F purchases go to a different airline. I know they're all worthless for redeeming miles, but watching US Air destroy the goodwill built by AA hurts (a lot).
Spiff and no1cub17 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

I'm the original poster. I was able to book my trip after the return of MilesAAver inventory, albeit one day later then originally planned.
enpremiere likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
International biz milesaaver availability for the summer, at least Eastbound flights from the US West Coast to Europe, is back and it is quite good.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
The old vs new booking engines can show different results for sAAver (more results on the newer engine [and none on the old] for the route and time I’m considering).
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP
new vs old booking engine?

Originally Posted by abk

Not sure what you mean by both booking engines. However I have flown this route for the past 4 year quarterly and the off season was alway 12.5 and high 15. Now from what I see there is no such thing as 12.5 anymore.
How does one get to the "new" booking engine?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:13 am

Everything is up and running for me. Just booked my flight from DFW to EDI with standard off peak point values.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:50 pm

Award search

Originally Posted by AA Flyer
How does one get to the "new" booking engine?
https://www.aa.com/booking/find-flights/award

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.