Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Disappearing MileSAAver / award inventory 15 June 2019 [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing MileSAAver / award inventory 15 June 2019 [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:14 am

Seems like everything business class related to London or Ireland went from 57.5K to 180K overnight and economy up to 100K. This is nuts, there has to be something wrong.
chitink likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:29 am

Still broken for me from DFW to EDI, even DFW to LHR. The crazy part is it is EVERYTHING, every day, for months and months and only BA flights are showing with award availability. I understand being late to pull the trigger on a MileSAAver fare but not like this. If this holds AA is effectively pulling award availability on entire routes.
chitink likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I hope this is an IT glitch. Where is our resident AA twitter guy--any info??
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
sounds like an enhancement.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
I'm looking for flights that just opened up and nothing available to Europe either.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

did anyone tweet AA for some feedback on whether this is an IT glitch or did Doug knock back a few 40's and emailed IT saying "take it all away!".
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:32 am

The couple of award trips I'm following (including one for this weekend), are still showing saver awards. Pricing is seemingly changing sometimes hourly, but definitely some saver awards to be had for both economy and business.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:36 am
tps

Programs: AAdvantage, skywards, Etihad guest
Just searched now.. Looks like still not fixed.. Zero availabilty from DFW to anywhere.
BradyD likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I asked a Platinum agent. I booked a British Airways economy flight from LAS to BCN for next May with my miles as I was seeing that their milesaver seats become available as soon as the flights are available to book while American's are usually at least a few days behind. Then late last week EVERY milesaver seat from LAS to BCN completely disappeared from the system on any date. So when I called AA Platinum desk to get my seats assigned on British, agent told me that the 737Max issues were to blame for a lot of the system changes in the last week or so. So I guess I'm resigned to paying British's carrier outrageous carrier surcharges for now. Agent told me that I could switch to an AA flight later for no cost if they become available.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:02 pm

Just heard about this, I search PHL-CUN because that's a route I just took over the winter. I'm seeing sAAVer both directions, even non-stop, about half the days in the week for June/July. If I go all the way to August, sAAver econ becomes 12.5k, and Biz saaver opens up. This is on old version of the calendar view.

Random domestic PHL-AUS shows 1-connection at sasver levels for econ and biz, just very little availability. I don't think AUS is a hub, but there's no saaver non-stop.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cabledon
Iif they become available.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Cabledon
I asked a Platinum agent. I booked a British Airways economy flight from LAS to BCN for next May with my miles as I was seeing that their milesaver seats become available as soon as the flights are available to book while American's are usually at least a few days behind. Then late last week EVERY milesaver seat from LAS to BCN completely disappeared from the system on any date. So when I called AA Platinum desk to get my seats assigned on British, agent told me that the 737Max issues were to blame for a lot of the system changes in the last week or so. So I guess I'm resigned to paying British's carrier outrageous carrier surcharges for now. Agent told me that I could switch to an AA flight later for no cost if they become available.
Yeah I've looked through about every route I can think of from Europe to the US. No Milesaaver awards on any routes i've found EXCEPT for ones that involve British Airways, which conveniently have a ridiculous surcharge.
maxwellh likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:41 pm

First it was the 57.5 non-stop business class tickets from Miami to London, etc., gone, now they have removed the option to have to stop in NYC, Charlotte or Philadelphia, too. But hey, there is plenty of ones on BA for $650 bucks in taxes.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:44 pm

Same thing for me. Absolutely no milesaver available to anywhere, except the ones available on BA, with the surcharge fees of $2,700 for 4 RT in economy! I'm freaking out.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:06 pm

Same thing with flights to the caribbean, all economy saaver tickets gone, but they loaded busienss saaver tickets back! Maybe its being fixed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.