Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Disappearing MileSAAver / award inventory 15 June 2019 [consolidated]

Disappearing MileSAAver / award inventory 15 June 2019 [consolidated]

Old Jun 16, 19, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA GLD, IHG PLT
Glad I'm not crazy. All the flights I have been looking for a potential July Vegas trip have had zero saver availability, and nothing to try and book an Avios flight either since no saaver anywhere.
Old Jun 16, 19, 3:41 pm

I routinely book a percentage of my flights between west coast and midwest with miles in U. There are usually a few available for each week. Now I am not seeing them in July at all and only a couple at the end of August. Then, in September they seem to reappear. Not sure if they went away suddenly or just not available because it's summer.
Old Jun 16, 19, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by luv2swim View Post
I routinely book a percentage of my flights between west coast and midwest with miles in U. There are usually a few available for each week. Now I am not seeing them in July at all and only a couple at the end of August. Then, in September they seem to reappear. Not sure if they went away suddenly or just not available because it's summer.
Quite likely has something to do with AA extending their 7M8 groundings through Sep.
Old Jun 16, 19, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
Why didnít you book them when you saw them available? With AA you snooze you lose.
This is not a case of you snooze, you lose for failing to lock in scarce awards on particular dates. This was a sudden, system-wide decimation of sAAver availability for the entire schedule (and itís still not back yet). If this proves not to be a temporary schedule change-related event, we just witnessed one of the most massive scale devaluations of the AAdvantage program in history.
wrp96 and kimmykins like this.

Last edited by javabytes; Jun 16, 19 at 4:40 pm
Old Jun 16, 19, 5:03 pm

Programs: CK or bust
I thought that there was a significant, if not major rollout on the redemption side coming down the pipe sometime in the next few weeks so the instant, almost system-wide draw-down on saver inventory (where there were occasionally nuggets or occasional gems previously) could be a glitch or possibly in preparation for that project going finally going live.
Old Jun 16, 19, 5:58 pm

Same issue looking at europe tickets for the fall, tons of saaver award tickets available have all dried up and we are left with BA tickets...hopefully this system issue will be resolved in the next few days??
Old Jun 16, 19, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Explat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
MCI-ORD Availability

Hi everyone! It doesn't look like there are any available Economy MileSaaver seats for the rest of the year. This is strange to me - is anyone else seeing the same thing?
Old Jun 16, 19, 7:49 pm

Programs: CK or bust
There are several recent threads on this topic. The issue or intentional zeroing of saver inventory appears to be focus on economy (as First saver and anytime in both classes of service domestically still return results):
mew24680 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 19, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by enpremiere View Post
I thought that there was a significant, if not major rollout on the redemption side coming down the pipe sometime in the next few weeks so the instant, almost system-wide draw-down on saver inventory (where there were occasionally nuggets or occasional gems previously) could be a glitch or possibly in preparation for that project going finally going live.
What's that all about? Doesn't ring a bell.
Old Jun 16, 19, 8:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
It might be nice to start a more general thread to lump this and the MVD thread into....otherwise everyone is going to start a new thread about no saver awards between whatever city pair they are checking....the disappearance of saver availability has been discussed for at least 24 hours now so although it may be "temporary", it's obviously more than just a "glitch" lasting a few hours or so. Has anyone asked the AA social media team (Twitter, etc.) about this?
wrp96 and mew24680 like this.
Old Jun 16, 19, 8:54 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm. SPG LT Titanium. UA 712,524 miles and no longer trying.
I have been looking at two tickets for my kid with the hope of using AA miles or getting a cheap one way relative to some WN flights that were a little pricey. Today when I looked at it all AA saver seats were gone and WN was the same as Basic Economy on all legs so I booked WN for everything half on points and half for cash and am thrilled to be voting my displeasure with AA with my wallet.

When I gave my kid the option on one leg of the AA flight or the WN flight ( she's 23 and likes the Admirals club via my citi exec card) she choose WN because she thinks AA is delayed much more than WN and she doesn't even know about the mechanics issue.
Spiff and no1cub17 like this.
Old Jun 16, 19, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by abk View Post
I have been looking at two tickets for my kid with the hope of using AA miles or getting a cheap one way relative to some WN flights that were a little pricey. Today when I looked at it all AA saver seats were gone and WN was the same as Basic Economy on all legs so I booked WN for everything half on points and half for cash and am thrilled to be voting my displeasure with AA with my wallet.

When I gave my kid the option on one leg of the AA flight or the WN flight ( she's 23 and likes the Admirals club via my citi exec card) she choose WN because she thinks AA is delayed much more than WN and she doesn't even know about the mechanics issue.
You should send a note in to AA customer relations explaining exactly why you purposely booked away from AA despite being a loyal customer. If I worked at AA I would be mortified that even someone with AC access willingly chose to fly WN not AA (assuming an actual person reads the message - which who knows). I need to take a page out of your playbook and start voting with my wallet!
Old Jun 16, 19, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I already made this reservation a few weeks ago in economy but this thread peaked my curiosity, so I checked availability now. The route is non-stop PHX-SJD for November, when I made the reservation there was economy availability almost every day and with many days showing 7 seats on EF. The same search for the direct route now shows -0- days in November for both outbound and inbound available; in fact, from November until the end of schedule is gone.
Old Jun 17, 19, 3:09 am

Well, it's 8:00 am Eastern Time on Monday and it looks like Milesaaver awards have not been restored. I hope this changes later this morning.

Last edited by Wharf Rat; Jun 17, 19 at 5:55 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 17, 19, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Well, it's 8:00 am Eastern Time on Monday and it looks like Milesaaver awards have not been restored. I hope this changes later this morning.
Yep just tried to see if I can book my ticket. Still broken for me. 😡

Search this Thread