Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No AAdvantage customer support on weekends

Old Jun 15, 19, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum

Seriously American? Your AAdvantage customer support team has no one that works weekends? What a joke

How does American compete with no option for customer support except M-F
Old Jun 15, 19, 11:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, MaÓtre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer View Post
Seriously American? Your AAdvantage customer support team has no one that works weekends? What a joke

How does American compete with no option for customer support except M-F
Perhaps AA feel thereís no urgent business handled by ACS, therefore no need to pay time and a half to staff it?
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
What could possibly be so urgent about a rewards program that requires 24x7 support? Reservations etc. Is available at all times.

This reminds me of the meltdowns on the Marriott board about lifetime status or a few elite nights missing and instead of waiting, people would incessantly call, then complain about how the lines were clogged up.
chitink, wrldwide1 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 12:34 pm

Programs: CK or bust
While certainly not AA customer service, Flyertalk is open to posters with their complaints, threats of switching alliances, rants, queries, aspirations, and hopes at all hours of the weekend. It is something between a garbage dump of oddball information and a temple of aggregate knowledge that never closes its doors to the ignorant and informed traveler alike.

AA customer service hours are:

Monday Ė Friday
8 a.m. Ė 7 p.m. (CT)
donotblink, AA100k, JDiver and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 12:36 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Originally Posted by enpremiere View Post
While certainly not AA customer service, Flyertalk is open to posters with their complaints, threats of switching alliances, rants, queries, aspirations, and hopes at all hours of the weekend. It is something between a garbage dump of oddball information and a temple of aggregate knowledge that never closes its doors to the ignorant and informed traveler alike.

AA customer service hours are:

Monday Ė Friday
8 a.m. Ė 7 p.m. (CT)
rofl
Old Jun 15, 19, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
People have become obssessed with 24/7 contact when there is little that really requires action in the middle of the night. Heck, many non-US carriers don't even have customer service at night and on weekends.

If you have a ticket problem, call reservations. But, if it's about some issue with AAdvantage, call during regular working hours.
trooper and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Wanted to use a SWU on a different flight, saw some rare availability. Had it pulled from a flight that I couldnít take (booked it in my giddiness on the availability, without thinking it through).

So I ask them to pull the upgrades, move me to Y and redeposited them. Agent says ok, then when I ask to apply them to another flight, she says she canít because AA customer service is closed on weekends.

so my reservation will expire and Iíll see if there is still C availability -as of now Iím in no mans land.

So count me as one that says if they need customer service in this type of change, it should be open 24/7.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
It's not limited to the weekends. They extend the same experience during the week as well.
fotographer likes this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
Wanted to use a SWU on a different flight, saw some rare availability. Had it pulled from a flight that I couldn’t take (booked it in my giddiness on the availability, without thinking it through).

So I ask them to pull the upgrades, move me to Y and redeposited them. Agent says ok, then when I ask to apply them to another flight, she says she can’t because AA customer service is closed on weekends.

so my reservation will expire and I’ll see if there is still C availability -as of now I’m in no mans land.

So count me as one that says if they need customer service in this type of change, it should be open 24/7.
Call again, because any reservations agent can apply a SWU. Every SWU I’ve ever applied has been done around 2AM.
Old Jun 15, 19, 6:47 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post

Call again, because any reservations agent can apply a SWU. Every SWU Iíve ever applied has been done around 2AM.
For that reason be sure to call at 1:57 AM otherwise javabytes gets the confirmed SWU.
Old Jun 15, 19, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
Wanted to use a SWU on a different flight, saw some rare availability. Had it pulled from a flight that I couldnít take (booked it in my giddiness on the availability, without thinking it through).

So I ask them to pull the upgrades, move me to Y and redeposited them. Agent says ok, then when I ask to apply them to another flight, she says she canít because AA customer service is closed on weekends.

so my reservation will expire and Iíll see if there is still C availability -as of now Iím in no mans land.

Did you try HUCA?
Old Jun 16, 19, 2:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
People have become obssessed with 24/7 contact when there is little that really requires action in the middle of the night. Heck, many non-US carriers don't even have customer service at night and on weekends.

If you have a ticket problem, call reservations. But, if it's about some issue with AAdvantage, call during regular working hours.
I'm always amused by these threads. Especially the BA ones where people are trying to call contact centres halfway around the world to try find an agent, it seems so silly.

EK has 24/7 call centre, there is no distinction between loyalty programme support and reservations and they have local numbers in every country they operate in which get rerouted to wherever an agent is available. To top it off there's rarely any hold time (as in zero) even without status
Old Jun 16, 19, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Perhaps AA feel thereís no urgent business handled by ACS, therefore no need to pay time and a half to staff it?
Just to clarify: No one that works weekends gets paid time and a half unless they are working overtime. If a business operates 7 days-a-week, they just give anyone working weekends two days off during the week.
Old Jun 16, 19, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by writerguyfl View Post
Just to clarify: No one that works weekends gets paid time and a half unless they are working overtime. If a business operates 7 days-a-week, they just give anyone working weekends two days off during the week.
Off topic but that's incorrect. I worked a job for 6 years where Saturday was OT and Sunday was DT.
Old Jun 16, 19, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post

Call again, because any reservations agent can apply a SWU. Every SWU I’ve ever applied has been done around 2AM.
The issue is the redeposit of the SWU in my account, not reapplying it.

Search this Thread