Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No AAdvantage customer support on weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No AAdvantage customer support on weekends

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Perhaps AA feel there’s no urgent business handled by ACS, therefore no need to pay time and a half to staff it?
Please explain. AA pays time and a half to work Sat. and Sun. even when not in excess of 40 hours ?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Just to clarify: No one that works weekends gets paid time and a half unless they are working overtime. If a business operates 7 days-a-week, they just give anyone working weekends two days off during the week.
Originally Posted by anc305
Please explain. AA pays time and a half to work Sat. and Sun. even when not in excess of 40 hours ?

I have no idea what terms the contract AA has with their AAdvantage agents.

Regardless of pay, I’m sure AA are convinced that’s an unnecessary expense to keep ACS open holidays and weekends.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by beachfan
The issue is the redeposit of the SWU in my account, not reapplying it.
I’d have thought that was largely automatic. AA still isn’t going to spend to keep ACS open 24/7, imo.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I’d have thought that was largely automatic. AA still isn’t going to spend to keep ACS open 24/7, imo.
Upon HUCA, I was told "I should see it in 24 hours", after consulting with her help desk. But it showed up now, 4 hours later.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by beachfan
The issue is the redeposit of the SWU in my account, not reapplying it.
You said in your earlier post they said okay to the redeposit, and just wouldn’t let you apply them to the new flight.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have no idea what terms the contract AA has with their AAdvantage agents.

Regardless of pay, I’m sure AA are convinced that’s an unnecessary expense to keep ACS open holidays and weekends.
Obviously they feel that, just letting them know some of their customers do not agree.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Quicksilver, Emerald Club
This is exactly true. Call centers operate 7 days a week. People working Saturday and Sunday just get their normal hourly rate. Only holidays offer bonus pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.