Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How early to start managing possible misconnect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How early to start managing possible misconnect?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: All
Originally Posted by BOSishome

If there is space on the flights that can get me there without touching LHR, I’m not sure why AA is so resistant... It’d make sense if there was literally only one seat left on MIA-MXP that they could sell at a premium but we are only a couple days out and there are several seats available.

You can either fix the potential problem in advance, or have a fire drill on the day of departure. Not sure why it isn’t in AA’s interest to keep an elite customer, traveling in a premium cabin, happy.
Your mistake is assuming AA cares about its customers, even its elite ones.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by BOSishome

If there is space on the flights that can get me there without touching LHR, I’m not sure why AA is so resistant... It’d make sense if there was literally only one seat left on MIA-MXP that they could sell at a premium but we are only a couple days out and there are several seats available.

You can either fix the potential problem in advance, or have a fire drill on the day of departure. Not sure why it isn’t in AA’s interest to keep an elite customer, traveling in a premium cabin, happy.
While I understand the sentiment, I'm not sure the threat is sufficiently concrete to merit a travel waiver and free rebooking at this point. Indeed, it seems UK authorities are trying to prevent a disruption (although who knows how successful those attempts will be). I think there is a difference between the situation regarding LHR right now and seeing that the inbound aircraft on a LGB-PHX flight (which operates only a few times a day) is delayed.

Chances are you'll be ahead of the curve anyways if and when a disruption at LHR materializes, given that it seems you're on top of the potential situation already.
C17PSGR and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
While I understand the sentiment, I'm not sure the threat is sufficiently concrete to merit a travel waiver and free rebooking at this point. Indeed, it seems UK authorities are trying to prevent a disruption (although who knows how successful those attempts will be). I think there is a difference between the situation regarding LHR right now and seeing that the inbound aircraft on a LGB-PHX flight (which operates only a few times a day) is delayed.

Chances are you'll be ahead of the curve anyways if and when a disruption at LHR materializes, given that it seems you're on top of the potential situation already.
And, indeed, it appears the thugs didn't do anything today to disrupt LHR. So, it makes sense that AA wouldn't have granted a proactive travel waiver ...
wrp96 and flyingeph12 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.