Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

horrible experience with GA in TPA airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

horrible experience with GA in TPA airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:04 am
Original Poster

PS AA credited me 7k miles as an apology and the GA will undergo training in sensitivity . i'm sure that will upset you
LINDEGR, jlc201, no1cub17 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 18, 2019 at 1:19 pm Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content and reply for both violating rules and mod instruction
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:45 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by omaralt
<redacted>

PS AA credited me 7k miles as an apology and the GA will undergo training in sensitivity . i'm sure that will upset you
I would like to express my appreciation for your being considerate of fellow passengers. It is great to be prepared when traveling with small children and I'm not sure why the person above thinks it's unreasonable to brink more than one diaper, etc. Storing supplies in a stroller is normal and the fact that the GA was so rude is quite unfortunate. Hope your return flight much smoother.
IndyHoosier and omaralt like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 18, 2019 at 1:20 pm Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
TPA to Europe takes 24 hours? Wowsa...

Many, many more than 1? Packs start at 12, and I assume even a 12 pack lasts more than 1 day.

So they needed 3? 4? That's definitely not many more, it's 2-3 more. Hyperbole much?
For TPA-Europe, I would plan for a 24-hour journey and hope for 12. Having flown several flights of similar length with a six-month old, and younger/older, I would personally bring 10-15 diapers. It's not unusual to need to change hourly or more at that age, and running out during the journey is a major, major problem.
wrp96 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Closed for reopened after review and maintenance.

Please heed the previous Moderator post:

Originally Posted by JY1024
Moderator warning:

Folks - please take a deep breath!

Everyone is free to share their opinions in a respectful manner. Disagreements are fine. Different opinions are fine. However, personal attacks and over-personalization of the topic at hand is NOT allowed. (Please see FT Rules on disruptive behaviour and personal attacks.)

Lots of posts and members have already begin to edge upon or cross that line. Please show self-restraint and civility. If this thread devolves into pure back-and-forth bickering, it will be closed, and warnings/suspensions will be issued to offending members.

Please help us make FlyerTalk a forum for respectful, useful, and informative travel discussion.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 18, 2019 at 3:23 pm
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jackvogt
I would like to express my appreciation for your being considerate of fellow passengers. It is great to be prepared when traveling with small children and I'm not sure why the person above thinks it's unreasonable to brink more than one diaper, etc. Storing supplies in a stroller is normal and the fact that the GA was so rude is quite unfortunate. Hope your return flight much smoother.
I don't think it's unreasonable to bring more than 1 diaper.

What I think is unreasonable is expecting the GA to provide a plastic bag in place of a personal item to put it in.

Instead of using one's hands/arms or going to literally any store in the terminal and asking for a bag.

Being considerate of fellow passengers includes boarding when told to, not what the OP did.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:51 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by omaralt
PS AA credited me 7k miles as an apology and the GA will undergo training in sensitivity .
I am VERY happy to read this but wish they did 10k or 15k. Oh well.

SHAME on AA for such treatment and I am sorry that you have suffered at the wrath of the "AA can do no wrong" club. I stopped flying AA nearly as much since what you describe is not an isolated event. Nevertheless, thanks for posting about your (horrid) experience.

Best wishes on future travels and I say keep buying from whomever gives you the best deal.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LINDEGR

SHAME on AA for such treatment and I am sorry that you have suffered at the wrath of the "AA can do no wrong" club. I stopped flying AA nearly as much since what you describe is not an isolated event. Nevertheless, thanks for posting about your (horrid) experience.

Best wishes on future travels and I say keep buying from whomever gives you the best deal.
Agree - 7k is almost insulting. But this is LCC management we're talking about. I guess we should be happy that they even have a customer relations department.

Hilarious how some posters just dig in and never give up, no matter how wrong they are. But I had more likes!

OP, glad it worked out for you and the supervisor had a moment of sanity and helped you out. So many here act like families traveling with young kids have no right to ever go on vacation and anything that goes wrong is your fault. Just unbelievable. But then again this is FT.
LINDEGR and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LINDEGR

thanks. i have no loyalty to any airline. previously i would try to stay with one alliance but i've realized that it's asinine for me. i go with whoever gives me the best schedule and price. and i've noticed that you can save thousands by using either aavacations or travelocity vacations to bundle. a few months back business class tickets to london from tampa were in the $4-5k range. by bundling a one night hotel stay i flew with delta for $2700.. and the nice thing is you dont have to actually use the hotel.

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Agree - 7k is almost insulting. But this is LCC management we're talking about. I guess we should be happy that they even have a customer relations department.

Hilarious how some posters just dig in and never give up, no matter how wrong they are. But I had more likes!

OP, glad it worked out for you and the supervisor had a moment of sanity and helped you out. So many here act like families traveling with young kids have no right to ever go on vacation and anything that goes wrong is your fault. Just unbelievable. But then again this is FT.

thanks. i really dont care about any compensation or anything. so i'm fine with 7k. just wanted to let them know my displeasure

and it's not some posters that are digging in. it is literally one lol
LINDEGR and IndyHoosier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.