Wiki Posts
Search

Reservations line redirected?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Dia
Reservations line redirected?

I'm trying to reach AA reservations but am getting diverted to AA customer service, which is closed right now. I've tried reservations at 800-433-7300 and the plat desk at 800-843-3000, and (in faint hope) 800-882-8880 -- all take me to AA customer service. There was a non-toll-free number at one point, but I can't track it down. A search for the 469 area code turns up several promising sale fares but no contact info. I'm in Italy and the local customer service won't be online until 8 a.m. I've also tried calling using Google Voice, with the same results. Is there another number I could try?

Also I can't seem to log in to aa.com right now, which may or may not be related.

Edited to add:
Other things that do not work: calling AMR at 817-963-1234 and selecting option 4, which leads to a message to the effect that 2496023 does not subscribe to voicemail. The EXP desk at 800-843-6200 also sends me to the recording that customer service is closed.

Last edited by ABQ Jon; Jun 11, 2019 at 11:56 pm Reason: Update
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I was able to get through just a few minutes ago using the EXP line.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Dia
Originally Posted by donotblink
I was able to get through just a few minutes ago using the EXP line.
Thanks for checking. According to web technical support, my account is blocked. This seems to have the effect of routing me to AAdvantage customer service no matter what AA number I call -- if I enter my number on the EXP line, it also sends me to customer support. The local AA line in Italy took care of my question, I'll have to wait a few hours for AA CS to come back online.

Edited to add:
This was related to another issue and, with some help from an AA customer service supervisor, should now be resolved.

Last edited by ABQ Jon; Jun 12, 2019 at 8:59 am Reason: Resolution

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.