Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Award ticket on "subject to government approval" route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Hello fellow flyertalker, I am trying to change an award reservation but the rep said they can't change the class due to the flight is "subject to government approval". They said the system won't let them, even make new reservation on that flight. But I have reservation on the very same flight, so I have a couple of questions.

1) Is it true that they can not change the class or make new reservation on that flight? I can make award reservation for the same flight on all other airline such as Alaska/Qantas/BA...

2) What happen if not approve? anyone experience that route not approve?

3) This is an AA award on partner metal, currently I can't see any award seat available 3+/- the date of my travel, either AA or partner, am I gonna get a refund and left alone? will they put me on a revenue seat on partner airline?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by catcathk
Hello fellow flyertalker, I am trying to change an award reservation but the rep said they can't change the class due to the flight is "subject to government approval". They said the system won't let them, even make new reservation on that flight. But I have reservation on the very same flight, so I have a couple of questions.

1) Is it true that they can not change the class or make new reservation on that flight? I can make award reservation for the same flight on all other airline such as Alaska/Qantas/BA...

2) What happen if not approve? anyone experience that route not approve?

3) This is an AA award on partner metal, currently I can't see any award seat available 3+/- the date of my travel, either AA or partner, am I gonna get a refund and left alone? will they put me on a revenue seat on partner airline?
1) I've never heard of pending gov't approval as a reason to not be able to change an award flight. Definitely HUCA. But it's not entirely clear what you're trying to do, it would be helpful to know your exact flight, dates, and what you're trying to change from and to.

2) "Pending Gov't Approval" is standard legal language that airlines include on most all new int'l route announcements. In most cases if the airlines did not expect whatever gov't to approve the route then they would not announce it and open it for booking in the first place. So the chances that something falls through is very slim, but in the off chance it happened, it would be treated no different than a major schedule change, i.e. you could cancel/redeposit for no fee or get rebooked onto other options, depending on what your flight is.

3) Again it's not clear what you're trying to do or what happened. Above you say you are trying to change your award ticket, while this makes it seem like there was a schedule change on your flight? Please provide more details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.