Search

American Caught Fibbing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:49 pm

Speaking of aa 86 it’s delayed by 2 hours and 10 min again today 🙄
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mvoight
How were you listening to "LiveATC" on the taxiway?
Seriously? I don't remember the last time I had a Gogo equipped aircraft.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by deeruck
Seriously? I don't remember the last time I had a Gogo equipped aircraft.
you can still listen to it on LTE while taxing.
I miss GoGo because i get it for free with TMobile haha
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by gateH15

you can still listen to it on LTE while taxing.
I miss GoGo because i get it for free with TMobile haha
Sure, but I think mvoight's point was that when you turn to airplane mode when the door is closed, your LTE won't be on
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:09 pm

Sure, but I think mvoight's point was that when you turn to airplane mode when the door is closed, your LTE won't be on
haha didn’t think about that. Turn on airplane mode when turning on runway for take off 🙈
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
But my wifi is, and it works perfectly fine with gate-to-gate ViaSAT & gate-to-gate GoGo and my $60/mo 2-device plan.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Why would someone get fired for telling someone a statement of fact that anyone with eyes could verify? Is there some non-public information being shared that I don't understand?
For one, two eyewitnesses often see the same thing differently. And two, it could be information that AA doesn't want presented or presented only by those authorized to present. Or even three, it could be a fact about something such as bending a rule.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by rickg523
If it's true and you're lying, I wouldn't work for you either.
I agree that the company shouldn't be lying. However, barring a safety issue, internal information stays internal. Period. If an employee believes that there's a legal infraction, s/he should try to address it internally first. In fact, for example, it's a legal requirement that an employee must attempt to address discrimination issues through an internal process first. It's almost always an automatic pass for a company if an employee doesn't bring the alleged discrimination to company management before going to EEOC or the equivalent state agency.

Originally Posted by seigex
... I am listening to LiveATC for PHX ground and hear our pilot key up and tell ATC that they were "crew timed out" and need to return to the gate. Pilot comes on the PA and says they have a mechanical issue and need to return to the gate.
Originally Posted by mvoight
How were you listening to "LiveATC" on the taxiway?
I do that often during taxi. I get internet over the telephone.

Originally Posted by Antarius
... kinda like how Vladmir Putin's election opponents are unlucky to end up in jail before the election.
In prison? They're fortunate to be alive.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Why would someone get fired for telling someone a statement of fact that anyone with eyes could verify? Is there some non-public information being shared that I don't understand?
Because lots of people who know nothing about employment law in various countries but have OPINIONS always feel the need to share. Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and confirm it never occurred to them.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
If they'd fire her for sharing internal operations information outside the company? I'd fire someone for that. In a minute.
Why do you think delay reasons are some state secret? AA publicly posts delay reasons to the GDS. GA's state the reason for a delay when announcing it. The Twitter team will tell you the reason if you ask them, and so will reservations, AC Angels, etc. It's not "internal information". There is zero reason for any employee to feel any obligation to keep a delay reason secret.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by javabytes
Why do you think delay reasons are some state secret?
I don't, but that's not the point. It's not up to each employee of a business to make his/her own determination of what information should be released to the public. That's for management to do.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: QF WP
Every employer i’ve ever had has a generic “bringing the employer into disrepute” clause in the contract classified as gross misconduct (notwithstanding legal protections for whistleblowers)

doesn’t matter if the information is true/false, verifiable, whatever. As a representative of the organisation, you don’t ever want to be caught making them look bad. Employee here states, confirms, inadvertently lets slip, whatever, that AA may be less than truthful about the reason for a delay, and that information is now on a public forum read by millions, with information that can identify the employee

it never ends well...
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I don't, but that's not the point. It's not up to each employee of a business to make his/her own determination of what information should be released to the public. That's for management to do.
And when management is lying?
How do you find out if nobody keeps them accountable?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I assume that from time to time ground personnel aren't kept well informed so they embellish, give their opinion or just plain lie to keep the huddled masses appeased as to why the flight is not boarding and leaving on time. Or they just say what they believe will stop people coming up to the podium every 2 minutes asking the same questions. That's not going to change. 20 years ago you were stuck with what the GA told you. Today you have multiple sources to determine why a flight is not really leaving on time. This is also where having an AC membership is valuable. They typically will call someone they know in operations and get the real reason for a delay.

In today's cost oriented airline world unless you're a CK you're on your own. You must do your own legwork to determine what's going on and what are you're options. The days of luxurious flying are done with. Today your riding in the sky version of the New York MTA New York City subway system.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by seigex
Yes, I was.

Most American flights seem to now have it, even with GoGo using satellite. For the most part, on A321's and B737s, I only encounter the Air to Ground GoGo now adays on regionals or S80's (and 319/320s).
All the 320s should have the GoGo 2Ku satellite gate-to-gate now, too.
seigex likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.