Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rant: AA non revs seem to regularly take the good seats and overheads on my flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant: AA non revs seem to regularly take the good seats and overheads on my flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by donotblink
Also the first row on the right side of Y is often blocked until shortly before departure (maybe T-24) on the oasis/kodak aircraft, those are great seats
Agreed. I love bulkhead seats.

What I don't love is having to be one of the first onboard to get any close bin space since everything goes up and not under the seat.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:13 pm

My problem only problem with non revs when I do Same day stand by and I’m first on the list but somehow GA would assign better seats to non revs. Usually I just walk to the podium and ask to get the seat I want. They usually reprint my boarding pass when I politely tell them I think I get a first pick. I have look at the expert flyer seat map right before stand bys are processed to make sure I end up in MCE if it’s available
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by jhalapin
Agreed. I love bulkhead seats.

What I don't love is having to be one of the first onboard to get any close bin space since everything goes up and not under the seat.
Since there are not full bulkheads on most of the narrow-bodied aircraft (soon to be all), this is not really an issue much anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.