Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rumor: AA to order A321LR or A321XLR (confirmed - see new thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: AA to order A321LR or A321XLR (confirmed - see new thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:16 pm

Would love to see A321T configs on the new XLR's... maybe cut out the F cabin and put in a small PE section with 2-2? Would not mind this at all for flights to deep south america/europe.
no1cub17 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
It can be but the jetways in the US are too wide. I've boarded through 2L at non-US airports.
I was just thinking the same thing... Right before they entered service, LUS made a big deal about how their original A321's were equipped for mid-cabin boarding (and all the seats forward of 2L were F back then), but alas once they were delivered, notsomuch. Oops.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by formeraa
I find a potential A321XLR order very interesting. AA certainly needs a replacement for the international 757's. In terms of configuration, they will probably start with the A321T seating configuration and tweak it a bit for international flights..
Personally, I'm expecting something quite different that that.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Randomly hoping Boeing announces the twin aisle, and AA goes that route, but alas, so unlikely at this point..
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by formeraa
I find a potential A321XLR order very interesting. AA certainly needs a replacement for the international 757's. In terms of configuration, they will probably start with the A321T seating configuration and tweak it a bit for international flights. They will probably need to go with 31" in standard Y for the international routes to be competitive...but with current AA management, one never knows...
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Yeah, I can't imagine a 102 passenger plane on long, thin TATL/South America routes being remotely profitable. It would be more efficient for AA to just take some of their quarterly earnings, convert them into hundred dollar bills, douse them with a bunch of with Jet-A and light the pile on fire. It would have about the same effect as flying a premium-heavy plane into LIM or DBV.

I would expect a configuration more like the international 757s, but modern: J cabin of 12-16, maybe 8 PE (if 12 J/8PE works better than 16 J), some MCE, and 30" Y down the back. Seating 170-180ish.

American has placed an order for 50 Airbus A321XLR at the PAR19 Paris Airshow 2019 at Le Bourget. As this is no longer a rumor, please follow this topic at

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-airshow.html

Thank you,

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 19, 2019 at 9:40 am Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.