Search

Pretty much done with AA now

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:00 pm

So long, farewell...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:25 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scubadu
Actually, I'd make the case that we entered that period quite some time ago, but many FTers refuse to accept that reality.

Regards
It's not always a matter of loyalty, but what you're stuck with especially when you're by a hub.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
It's not always a matter of loyalty, but what you're stuck with especially when you're by a hub.
For frequent business travelers who are required to always book economy (like me), loyalty still has major benefits. AA EXP has a very compelling offer for that niche. Having the confidence knowing I will be looked after during weather, missed connections, etc certainly makes economy travel less painful than it can be otherwise.

But not for someone who is a frequent J/F traveler.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
Stormy summertime
A bad airline excuses
so I farewell
More haiku, please.
DenverBrian and Flying Yazata like this.

Last edited by dickinson; Jun 4, 2019 at 6:50 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:58 pm

Fair thee well
I'm sure they other guys will never leave you hanging and only fly with reliable planes during sunny skies. Enjoy.

I wonder why the rest of us aren't all following you to this magical unicorn airline you're switching to that's NOT AA .
apeortdz likes this.

Last edited by LovePrunes; Jun 4, 2019 at 10:41 am
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by cpdc1030
For frequent business travelers who are required to always book economy (like me), loyalty still has major benefits. AA EXP has a very compelling offer for that niche. Having the confidence knowing I will be looked after during weather, missed connections, etc certainly makes economy travel less painful than it can be otherwise.

Being a hub captive I agree. However if I wasn’t and had to connect every time would it be different.?

DL has the CRAZY upgrade to C+. NO.
UA has W fare for their SWU. NO. Also upgrades seem to be more based on fare than loyalty. NO.

Its 6 one way and half a dozen the other. The good times have been lost. I have resigned myself to this and am usually not disappointed.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:59 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I am curious as to whether it is AA operations or the operating commuter airline's operations that swap planes around for commuter flights. I have had some terrible experiences with commuter operations. AA's can be dodgy but some of the commuter carriers are much worse.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Free agent
Stormy summertime
A bad airline excuses
so I farewell
Is this catching on now?

I really hope it is. FYI, you're a syllable short on the last line.

I'll contribute:
Refrain common now
Woe, anger, tarmac, I.T.
Missed, missed, in the mist.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
IME the regional operations of all airlines are much worse about posting timely delay info than their mainline counterparts. Not that AA mainline is any good at that.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by cpdc1030

How much benefit does one really get in IROPS as a non-status domestic F pax (on AA or elsewhere)? There is no F phone line. For rebooking at a gate (as opposed to the ticket counter), one's in the same line as everybody else. And I don't think one gets EXP-like standby priority as a kettle who bought F, right?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Stormy summertime
A bad airline excuses
so I farewell
There once was a man from the Coast
Who was often heard to boast
If my flight be delayed
Then will I feel betrayed
And my status with them become toast
fastflyer and DenverBrian like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
The last straw should be - Flight crew said, weather be dammed, we will take-off in that thunderstorm, and land in one too. We must get those passengers to where they need to go, and clearly they see no issue with flying during a storm. So, lets batten down the hatches, pull those seat-belts nice and tight, and make sure the life insurance payments are up to date. Off we go, don't mind that severe turbulence, the sick sacks are free, and that piece of the wing that just tore off, no worries, that's why airplanes have one on each side!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
This is exactly what's wrong with the world we live in. Random people feel it is their duty to inform those of us that hopefully use these forums for useful information with useless information. Because the OP started this thread am I supposed to yell out hallelujah or more power to you? In fact, I"m laughing at my stupid self for actually bothering to comment on it.
In true cliff notes version, "who gives a rats ..." Enjoy wherever you land.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by dickinson
More haiku, please.
There once was a man from Nantucket, who...

oh never mind, not going to be the right number of syllables for Haiku
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Thunder and lightning
To which airline should I switch?
Oh...they are all bad
GrumpyYoungMan and MrRob like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.