Wiki Posts
Search

Pretty much done with AA now

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Pretty much done with AA now

Once again with delays, weather related so I can deal with that. But when they change your inbound from a flight to another even later flight with 2 mins notice I can't handle it. Flying 5002 PHL-BUF, flight is delayed like 40 mins because of weather, I was wondering why the inbound was landing at 3 and we were not sch to leave till 4 surely they can turn around a 145 sooner than that. Yep they just changed our inbound from 4789 BUF-PHL to 5002 CAE-PHL which does not arrive until 4 PM . So how are we supposed to depart 4:15 ???
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
We'll miss you.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Often1
Need to merge this with the "pretty much done with UA/DL/B6/WN" threads.
I don't have gripes about many specific airlines, but I find myself flying much less these days:

1. Online communication is now almost as good as face-to-face for internal company matters

2. While in person meetings with customers continue to be important, instead of one trip per week, I've managed to optimize scheduling so that I only need one or two trips per month

3. I don't place a great deal of value on status anymore, though I continue to get it based on my normal travels

I still like airplanes, and talking about them, but business travel is no longer something I look forward to
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
It is 409 inbound just got to the gate we are still supposed to leave at 415. Not like you know they could post this obvious delay so I could go to the AC nah we'll just blatantly mislead or outright lie to our customers, because our OPS and IT pretty much suck.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
As queen of coach often says, goodbye cruel airline.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: American Ex Plat, Avis Presidents, Hertz - Preidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Good bye cruel world .... major drama going on here. Pretty much any day I get to my destination twice as fast as driving I consider it a success. Weather happens .... Maintenance happens .... I for one would rather have the delays and fly safely ..... Download a good book or movie and chill .....
HMPS and crp5 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have to admit that my preference for Delta has grown a great deal during the course of the past 2 years because they use E190s on my main US route (JAX-BOS), which don't have any bad seats, and they are very solid with respect to operations. As we all know, Skymiles sucks, but it appears that AA and UA are following DL's lead (e.g. dynamic pricing). We might be entering a period in which loyalty doesn't matter.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by moondog
We might be entering a period in which loyalty doesn't matter.
Actually, I'd make the case that we entered that period quite some time ago, but many FTers refuse to accept that reality.

Regards
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I have to admit that my preference for Delta has grown a great deal during the course of the past 2 years because they use E190s on my main US route (JAX-BOS), which don't have any bad seats, and they are very solid with respect to operations. As we all know, Skymiles sucks, but it appears that AA and UA are following DL's lead (e.g. dynamic pricing). We might be entering a period in which loyalty doesn't matter.
Loyalty started to go out the window with EQDs. At least with me. For better or worse, One World has better connections from AUS, but my second choice is *A. No status there yet, and i have not pulled the trigger on a status match, but I have considered it. And we are accumulating miles.
corbetti and Dallas49er like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:03 am

Stormy summertime
A bad airline excuses
so I farewell
dls25, corbetti, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
so flights are delayed.. it happens, but why do some believe that is the last straw?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am sure this was frustrating to the OP and I am no AA fan (it is my last choice of the four major U.S. domestics these days), but the last straw is an airline swapping equipment last-minute at a major hub - which happens all the time at all airlines - and all systems aren't immediately updated to reflect every last knock-on effect??

This is an example of how airlines can't win. Maybe it is better for them to not give passengers so much information and just go back to the good old days of posting "delayed" (and nothing else) at the gate and on the airport departure information screens?
ksucats likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Might be?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Weather issues are fluid. AA often doesn't know how long it will take an a/c to get off the ground in weather, usually from a busy airport. Therefore departure times on the subsequent flight can continue to change. As far as a 15 minute turn on a 145. If the ground staff moves quick enough they could come close to a 15 minute turn (assuming no need for catering, cleaning and crew change). Admittedly AA is operationally inferior to most of it's peers but ever changing weather delays impact all airlines.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:54 am

This thread reads like a Candy Crush blog. "the latest levels are ridiculous, I am so done with this..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.