Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Refitted 757-200 LUS “East” used in Hawaii service >2017: seats, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Current 757 aircraft used to Hawaii (mostly ex-PHX) and a few short trips from PHX are 10 in Number, all Legacy US Airways “East” 757-200s that have been reconfigured with 12 standard domestic First reclining seats, and 176 Main Cabin / Economy seats (including 38 Main Cabin Extra seats). See the current seat diagram of this aircraft on SeatGuru; also see the ad hoc chart in post #1.

See here on the (unofficial) American Fleet Site for registration numbers, etc. Five are listed with 2KU WiFi, five not. All IFE is overhead screens. It says no power, it one aircraft is said to offer power in F.

The original “757H” US 757s have been retired from AA service. Of the ten 757s used in Hawaii Service, three actually served with America West.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

An attempt to piece together a 757-200 Hawaii use has been pieced together below.
Attached Images     

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 6, 2018 at 6:41 pm
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
I don't know how often it is scheduled in the system but it will have the lie flat seats. A great ride to PHL from PHX. Last year we flew PHX-PHL-AMS and it was unusual the fly the 332 in business to PHL and then the 757 in business to AMS. The equipment seemed backwards to go from a 332 to a 757 on that trip.
Your post raised a question....about a year ago I flew phx-phl as well. It was on a 75 but a VERY off the wall one seating configuration wise. The legroom was MASSIVE and the seat had multiple albeit manual controls for recline, etc. It was almost like being in circa 1998 bird over the Atlantic. What 757 was that and are they still in rotation?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by enviroian
Your post raised a question....about a year ago I flew phx-phl as well. It was on a 75 but a VERY off the wall one seating configuration wise. The legroom was MASSIVE and the seat had multiple albeit manual controls for recline, etc. It was almost like being in circa 1998 bird over the Atlantic. What 757 was that and are they still in rotation?
With credit to Genius1, is it these seats?
Operation Oahu: British Airways Club and American Airlines First Class to Hawaii

Genius1 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Fraser
With credit to Genius1, is it these seats?
yes!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:19 am

AA Flight 663 seat question

Due to some last minute work issues I am having to retool the front end of a personal trip this week. One of the options I'm looking at is connecting to Flight 663 on Friday March 2nd, (Phoenix to KOA), as there's one first class ticket left available for purchase. (well, as far as the seat map says)

However I can't find the similar seat configuration shown in the AA seat selector, on the Seat Guru map. AA identifies a 752-Boeing 757. There's four configurations in Seat Guru, plus an international. None of those are match to the seat selector configuration shown however. Anyone have any experience with what this body type configuration actually is / seat review?

I'm not thrilled with selecting this due to the chance of being pulled back to coach if it is really is the last FC seat, and the bulkhead. (I generally like the bulkhead actually but tend to avoid it because they are not all created equal and seems like so many more equipment change outs these days.). But options are understandably very limited at this point.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 26, 2018 at 5:06 pm Reason: Restore original post title
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Seatguru is horrible out of date and seems to be lacking some of the LUS 757s.

However from the number of rows of seats between Door 1 and Door 2 this has to be a domestic first class configuration (38" legroom or thereabouts) - surely?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
Due to some last minute work issues I am having to retool the front end of a personal trip this week. One of the options I'm looking at is connecting to Flight 663 on Friday March 2nd, (Phoenix to KOA), as there's one first class ticket left available for purchase. (well, as far as the seat map says)

However I can't find the similar seat configuration shown in the AA seat selector, on the Seat Guru map. AA identifies a 752-Boeing 757. There's four configurations in Seat Guru, plus an international. None of those are match to the seat selector configuration shown however. Anyone have any experience with what this body type configuration actually is / seat review?

I'm not thrilled with selecting this due to the chance of being pulled back to coach if it is really is the last FC seat, and the bulkhead. (I generally like the bulkhead actually but tend to avoid it because they are not all created equal and seems like so many more equipment change outs these days.). But options are understandably very limited at this point.
Once again SeatGuru is totally worthless. AA is basically down to 2 configurations of the 757: international (2 x 2 config with lie-flat seats in business) and Hawaii (same 2 x 2 seating but with domestic style first class recliners up front).

All of the PHX-Hawaii flights on 757's will feature a normal domestic first class seat, similar to what you'd find on the 738.

And if there's a seat for sale in F then I'm not sure why you'd be worried about being bumped back to coach.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:54 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
It's true - these seats won't be lie flat or even partially lie flat. They'll be basic domestic F. But if there's one available to buy, shouldn't be worried about getting bumped as a paying F passenger. If there was some sort of equipment swap, I don't think there's an aircraft with fewer than 12 seats up front that AA has capable of flying the route anyway.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
If you can, route via DFW to KOA. the LUS 757s are old and the domestic FC seats are just flat out uncomfortable for that stage length, IMO. DFW-KOA is on a 763 with a lay flat
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:10 pm

Thanks everyone; this is helpful.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Commented in the other Hawaii thread about it. I'd fly the B752 out of PHX back to Hawaii in the daytime but would avoid it on a redeye back if I was wanting to sleep. Also no in seat video at all but with personal tablets, etc. it's not the end.
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We’ve changed this thread into the 757 Hawaii version thread as there is no current thread other than this one, added a Wikipost and ad hoc seat chart in post #1 .

/Moderator
Hippster likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 6, 2018 at 6:46 pm
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Best 4 coach seats

No seat guru seatmap. We're going to be stuck on this aircraft HNL-PHX on the overnight flight. What will be the best 4 coach seats? BA FF miles so no chance of paid upgrade.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
No seat guru seatmap. We're going to be stuck on this aircraft HNL-PHX on the overnight flight. What will be the best 4 coach seats? BA FF miles so no chance of paid upgrade.
If you qualify for exit row - 13BC / 12DE
EXPLAT likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hawaii-bound
If you qualify for exit row - 13BC / 12DE
What about 8 C,D,E,F? Do armrests lift up or are the tray tables are in the arm? 12DE no recline and narrower seats? 13BC lots of people congregating near lavs, noisy? Overnight flight so we would like quieter section with legroom. Prop feet up on the roll aboard.
Best option would be to find a row with one or two middle seats open. Then a couple of people could lay down and sleep.

Last edited by EXPLAT; Apr 9, 2018 at 12:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.