Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Expired Mileage (want award but miles expired:- help)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Not sure how to create a new thread on here. Just joined today! I am looking at flying from Washington IAD/DCA to Perth AUS. I am an AA advantage member but they recently just took my points of me for not using them. So I dont have any points with an airline. Any advice would be appricated, TIA.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Welcome to Flyertalk!
This link might help:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...vate-miles.jsp
sdsearch likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Not quite sure what you're looking for. If you don't have any points with AA, any other airline or other point program, you'll need to buy your ticket the old fashioned way.
FAA1996 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chriswelsh08 Welcome to FT

Originally Posted by Chriswelsh08
Not sure how to create a new thread on here. Just joined today! I am looking at flying from Washington IAD/DCA to Perth AUS. I am an AA advantage member but they recently just took my points of me for not using them. So I dont have any points with an airline. Any advice would be appreciated, TIA.
As above what are you asking? If no ff miles just buy with cash.
Common AA or OW partner route would be LAX/SFO to SYD/MEL/BNE to PER or other airports
You do not need to buy a flight with a One World airline
For PER via SIN can be good alternative. Or one of the ME3 airlines (EK Emirates, EY Etihad, QR Qatar )
IAD-LAX-SYD-PER Great Circle Mapper
ME3 route Great Circle Mapper

How many AA ff miles did you have?
Any other activity that may be eligible to retro claim? hotel/rental car/?
It is very easy to keep AA ff miles from expiring, even if you do not fly

JDiver and sdsearch like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.