Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Tornado Warning sirens at DFW 29 May 2019

Tornado Warning sirens at DFW 29 May 2019

Old May 30, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
The irony of my late departure was by the time they finally found a plane and crew the entire storm system blew NE so we were able to beeline due north.

The very nice flight crew (they ended up being the same from the prior junk plane) were tired and exhausted as well. The F class flight attendant got me an ice cold PBD (heineken) and then proceeded to feed me 2 more cold ones en route.

Back to DFW today. Skies look better than yesterday.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Didn't even have to check your username to know you're a fellow Oklahoman! Off topic but this is one of the funnier tweets I've seen in awhile: https://twitter.com/KOCOdamonlane/st...982865408?s=20
ha!

Yes, born and raised just outside of TUL, but spent a good decade living in other places before moving back to OK. Funny thing -- I have been within three miles of a real tornado six times, but none of those times was in Oklahoma despite living 3/4 of my life here (and one of those times was in Oahu!)

Anyways, I feel for all of you going through DFW in this mess. I was flying through a couple of weeks ago when they were in storm recovery mode, and my DFW-DCA flight had a rolling delay for 2.5 hours as they were 'waiting for a first officer to be assigned to the flight', before they canceled. They had a plane, a pilot, and FAs, yet, had to have them sit around for a few hours because AA couldn't figure out how to assign a first officer to get that plane to leave? I even had a confirmed F upgrade, only the third time I cleared an upgrade in the last year. I ended up flying two regional hops through Huntsville AL to make it to DCA, albeit I arrived about 6 hours late, but I did clear the upgrade on the second leg on a ERJ170 which counts I guess....

Last edited by MarkOK; May 30, 2019 at 9:06 am Reason: Six times -- I've been near a tornado six times. I can't believe I forgot a tornado that hit the airfield when I was at DEN
Old May 30, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oh AA pulled out a food cart last night. Just about everything was gone I’m 5 minutes save for scraps. People were walking away double fisted with cans of pop, water and bags of pretzels. Both pics are accurate.
Attached Images   
Flying Yazata and wrp96 like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AA just credited me 6000 miles proactively into my advantage account.

I"m impressed!
Antarius likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.