Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Tornado Warning sirens at DFW 29 May 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tornado Warning sirens at DFW 29 May 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
This is good advice, and trustworthy from an Oklahoman. ^
wrp96 and no1cub17 like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by wrp96
http://ok.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewe...9ccfd58d92c3da is the Road Conditions Map for Oklahoma if he decides to take our suggestion.
Thanks. I ubered it here so renting a car would be a pain and driving back down tomorrow.

It's already been pushed back to 5:47.

Time for the rollin' delays....
Old May 29, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
I was scheduled to fly TPA-DFW in a couple hours, so I've been tracking this. AA seems to have cancelled most but not all of their flights for afternoon and evening; other airlines maybe a bit less. The ones that are flying mostly seemed to be delayed an hour or two. Mine was scheduled 1802-1950 and so far is expected to arrive 1935.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
It's already been pushed back to 5:47.

Time for the rollin' delays....
Just in time for round 2...
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
This trip is part of a multi leg itinerary. If I see this flight isn’t going to go by say 6 pm I’ll go home. My planned trip was dfw-tul today for morning meeting then late afternoon tomorrow tul-dfw-phx then phx-dfw Friday.

If I have to cancel this leg I hope my existing itinerary won’t be compromised.
Anytime I've done this for an obvious delay I was able to keep the rest of the existing itinerary without it being compromised. It's not like you are trying anything fishy here just trying to get to your destination.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

okay my flight from Ft Hood just landed. Yay. Hoping to be in the air in an hour.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So after being delayed by storms for 4 hours we now are delayed because of a broken jacket compartment. So far two AA billy Bob mechanics have been unable to fix the latch using rulers, various screwdrivers and other tools.

Going for great AA!
MorganB and econometrics like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
okay my flight from Ft Hood just landed. Yay. Hoping to be in the air in an hour.
The airport is called, "Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport." Your Central Texas Airport

Anyone can fly there; I flew GRK-DFW-DTW (and return) last year since the price was significantly less than AUS (from where I live it is about the same distance).
enviroian likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold
I was flying out of Antalya, Turkey earlier this year and a tornado hit the airport while I was there. Needless to say, flight did not depart on time, and being so far from home (and by myself) made it not fun.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
The restrooms.
I've seen this at DEN as well and always found it curious....firstly the bathrooms are not that large and surely cannot accommodate everyone so always wondered how that is supposed to work, what about those that cannot fit in the bathroom. Second, what a...crapy place to be stuck with a bunch of people!
Old May 29, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Still here. They finally put the 738 out of service and moved us to gate a33. There are no agents here are people are at the point of yelling out loud “where are the agents”.

Piss poor performance by AA. A completely inept airline.

I am waiting to have the flight cancel as it’s now 6 hours past departure. Zero information. I’ve been at the AC three times and talked to three different agents and they can’t give me a hotel voucher until flight officially closes.

ETA just got back a tweet response:

“Our latest update is showing an estimated departure time of 9p. We're doing all we can to not cancel as we need our passengers, crew, plane and cargo in TUL.”
Old May 29, 2019, 7:44 pm

You would be at your nice, quiet hotel in TUL by now if you had just rented that car... 😉
Old May 29, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by econometrics
You would be at your nice, quiet hotel in TUL by now if you had just rented that car... 😉
Right.

That being said I just talked to a pilot at the gate. He said he knew he was to pilot this plane 10 minutes ago. He said that’s all I know and there appears to be no flight attendants for this flight.
econometrics likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:06 pm

I guess the mechanic’s union vice president is more prescient than we all thought...

enviroian and wrp96 like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
A completely inept airline
And one you continue to fly, week in and week out, month in, month out and year in, year out.

Somehow I knew, without a doubt, you'd find a way to turn a weather related thread into yet another AA rant thread...

I do hope you get where you need to be safely.

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.