Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American airlines sues mechanics unions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by genotonda
Came across this at DFW the other day. Was attached to an FA's luggage. I get supporting your fellow union folks, but to me, displaying this out in the open is pretty tacky.
I suppose if that FA gives exceptional service, perhaps it makes them feel emboldened to broadcast their feelings, since they do a great job in spite of their issues with AA mgmt, Maybe pax and/or mgmt see tag on an "A+" employee and it helps create sympathy. Who knows. I do know that if the employee was horrid and trotted that around, sure would make me discredit labor concerns, fair or not.

I do think they better get this sorted without opening a huge can of litigation. Going to cost both sides more t to get a workable deal if they start fighting this in court system in earnest (not just the injunction move)/ But, hey, as a lawyer and a litigator, guess it will help some of my brethren pay the bills.....
Old Sep 15, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
On a JFK->SFO flight right now and they’ve been holding the logbook for 45 minutes and counting. Apparently there’s a “printer problem” that causing the delay.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I was on a SFO-PHX (maybe is was PHX-IAH, I'm not certain of the leg) flight last week the required an hour for three mechanics and a supervisor to certify there was no trash can in the forward galley.

Last edited by Rebob; Sep 15, 2019 at 1:16 pm Reason: additional info
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Doug Parker makes > $33000 a day in salary (based on a Wikipedia article), maybe he can get out there and help find the log books, or maybe negotiate in good faith, even if it means making $32000 a day.
lobo411 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
Doug Parker makes > $33000 a day in salary (based on a Wikipedia article), maybe he can get out there and help find the log books, or maybe negotiate in good faith, even if it means making $32000 a day.
To be fair, the justice system usually slaps some hefty fees on DUI convicts. So he might need the money.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lobo411
To be fair, the justice system usually slaps some hefty fees on DUI convicts. So he might need the money.
Swing and a miss
Dallas49er likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:24 am

Is there a particular reason why everyone seems to be so obsessed about his DUIs? They really would have no meaningful bearing on how he executes his duties.

I externally audit large companies for a living and have been doing so for quite some time. We’re required to perform background checks on high level executives. I cannot tell you the volume of questionable stuff that comes back on many of them. What’s interesting is we, as the external auditors, are usually the ones telling the board of directors or the audit committee about the issues in their executives’ background checks. They have no idea, either because they didn’t run one at all or because it was never actually reviewed.

Translation is they just really don’t care because they hired the person because he or she has a set of skills they deem useful for the company, not because they come out squeaky clean in a background check.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
NFL Referee: Flagrant personal foul. Automatic ejection.

"To be fair..."-Pasture pancakes

Last edited by Dallas49er; Sep 18, 2019 at 3:18 am
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by rumboj
Is there a particular reason why everyone seems to be so obsessed about his DUIs? They really would have no meaningful bearing on how he executes his duties.
Outside of the cloistered world of C-suite MBAs, a second DUI conviction is deemed a major lapse of personal judgment (and, for many, a professional kiss of death). An attorney would be disbarred in many states for a second DUI conviction, and most doctors would be on thin ice.

I won't even get into how DP would be fired/excluded from most (not all, but most) job positions at American Airlines with a 2nd DUI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.