Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2019+)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024

First, a hearty welcome to Executive Platinum status!

New Executive Platinum members, whether "self-made", via your Concierge Key nomination or made by AA offers, including challenges, to similar status holders from competing airlines, often have questions about how the program works.

Feel free to post your questions here, but also be aware many of your questions about American Airlines, AAdvantage and Executive Platinum status can be answered in these resources:
Link to What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (consolidated) thread on FT

Link to AAdvantage Elite Status guide and charts on aa.com

Link to "FAQ: American Airlines and AAdvantage - Please check here first!" thread.
● For older posts, please see:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ag-2018-a.html

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2017+)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by globetrotter4$
Made EXP on March 24 this year.
Originally Posted by Antarius
Do you do DFW-HKG once a week in F or something like that?
I also made it in mid-March, but didn't think to save the screen. I made it on a couple of RTW MRs in F. Flying OW partners makes the EQD requirement pretty easy.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Crossing the great divide this evening DCA/LAX. Latest "crossing" in 3 years. March in 2017. May in 2018, June in 2019.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rowingman
Crossing the great divide this evening DCA/LAX. Latest "crossing" in 3 years. March in 2017. May in 2018, June in 2019.
I will be crossing it Tuesday on LAS-LAX.

Have 130k EQM, but a couple hundred short on the EQD.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Today:
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold
That feeling when you have the same amount of segments but half 1/10th the EQDs <<<
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Made it earlier this week.

But, sitting in a hotel due to yet another MX delay with one missing bag after dealing with an absolute ... of an agent, also booked my first DL segment in over 8 years.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:40 am

Qualified for executive platinum for the first time two weeks ago. For all of you long time executive platinums, what is the deal with the increased award availability. Is the increased award at the saver level, and can I see it online, or do I need to call in?

Thanks

Edited to add the snapshot
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BOSishome
That feeling when you have the same amount of segments but half 1/10th the EQDs <<<
Yeah, I've got 5 more segments, less than half the miles and 1/5th the EQD.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
As someone who pays for all of his trips out of pocket, and I know that this is none of my business, but I'm speculating that the bulk of your travel was business related and hence paid by your business/company? Also, with that spend why aren't you CK?

Last edited by tomj888; Jun 11, 2019 at 10:27 am Reason: ADD info, this response was to the post where it was $61K and 184K in travel
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by tomj888
As someone who pays for all of his trips out of pocket, and I know that this is none of my business, but I'm speculating that the bulk of your travel was business related and hence paid by your business/company? Also, with that spend why aren't you CK?
Whose post are you referring to?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robertablake
Whose post are you referring to?
I suspect #13 by aarookie
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Sitting at ~95,000 EQM and $12k EQD right now, I'll cross 100 with HEL-SIN (AY J) next week, might still be short on the EQD though. I sketched it out to the end of the year and should finish around 194k EQM, am I correct that it's 2 more SWU at 150 and 2 more at 200? Debating if it's worth flying an extra 6k miles for 2 more SWU...
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Sitting at ~95,000 EQM and $12k EQD right now, I'll cross 100 with HEL-SIN (AY J) next week, might still be short on the EQD though. I sketched it out to the end of the year and should finish around 194k EQM, am I correct that it's 2 more SWU at 150 and 2 more at 200? Debating if it's worth flying an extra 6k miles for 2 more SWU...
You'll get almost $2500 EQDs one way HEL-SIN if it's even an I fare. Round trip nets you $5000. More if a true J.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
You'll get almost $2500 EQDs one way HEL-SIN if it's even an I fare. Round trip nets you $5000. More if a true J.
I have AA F HKG-DFW-MEX shortly after that one (and later the AY ticket ends HKG-HEL-LHR-YYZ and the AA ticket ends CUN-MIA-LAX-HKG and there's JFK-CDG-JFK and a OW RTW kicking off after Christmas), I'll get to the EQD eventually. Mostly making sure I will indeed end up with 8 SWU if I push through to break 200k.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I have AA F HKG-DFW-MEX shortly after that one (and later the AY ticket ends HKG-HEL-LHR-YYZ and the AA ticket ends CUN-MIA-LAX-HKG and there's JFK-CDG-JFK and a OW RTW kicking off after Christmas), I'll get to the EQD eventually. Mostly making sure I will indeed end up with 8 SWU if I push through to break 200k.
Yes, you’ll earn two more SWU at 150,000 EQM, and again at 200,000 EQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.