Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

I found a link to detailed fare rules, available even after the booking process?

I found a link to detailed fare rules, available even after the booking process?

Old May 23, 19, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, CX GR, AS MVP GLD

Hi folks,

When I made a really complicated trip today, AA send me an ancient-looking email with the trip confirmation, along with a link to detailed fare rules. I have checked several of my other reservations, and it appears that this link would work for any active reservation. I thought this might be useful for those who need to find the detail of their fare rules after booking.

https://www.aa.com/reservation/viewFareRuleDetailsAccess.do?firstName=XXXXXXXX&la stName=XXXXXXXX&recordLocator=XXXXXX&farerulespath =retrievePath&ARType=ar

(Please change XXXXXX into the booking parameters) It appears that the older posts require to go to the refund site and make a dummy refund, which could be quite frightening
Old May 23, 19, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by shd9 View Post
Hi folks,

When I made a really complicated trip today, AA send me an ancient-looking email with the trip confirmation, along with a link to detailed fare rules. I have checked several of my other reservations, and it appears that this link would work for any active reservation. I thought this might be useful for those who need to find the detail of their fare rules after booking.

https://www.aa.com/reservation/viewF...Path&ARType=ar

(Please change XXXXXX into the booking parameters) It appears that the older posts require to go to the refund site and make a dummy refund, which could be quite frightening
IME this url fails to work a few days after ticketing (and never does on corporate fares). YYMV, though.