Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Service to YQB / Quebec is Seasonal! Disappointing.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver

Tried to book a flight from PHX to YQB for November. Error message, so I called & it turns out AA service to Quebec is seasonal (flights from ORD & PHL). I suppose I could get there through LHR if I wanted OneWorld miles, but looks like kettle class on someone. At this moment, it is a very expensive flight [>$700 economy & > $2,000 premium economy (!)]

Old May 23, 2019, 3:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by remedy
Tried to book a flight from PHX to YQB for November. Error message, so I called & it turns out AA service to Quebec is seasonal (flights from ORD & PHL). I suppose I could get there through LHR if I wanted OneWorld miles, but looks like kettle class on someone. At this moment, it is a very expensive flight [>$700 economy & > $2,000 premium economy (!)]

It it what it is; seasonal flights are a fact of life.

And there’s no way anyone’s going to get PHX—LHR—YQB as a single award; it would require two awards, at least.

By the way, “Quebec” as a title doesn’t conform to the Rules, somthe title was changed to reflect the post content.

4. Thread Titles - link to this Rule

Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive and that contain an accurate (not misleading or sensational) characterization of the topic. If you wish to change your thread's title, please contact a moderator. Moderators may also edit thread titles to clarify content.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by remedy

As an alternative, you could fly to YUL, and take a bus or train from downtown Montreal to downtown Quebec City.
SJOGuy and nancypants like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
There is exactly one (1) non-seasonal transborder flight, and it is UA to EWR. AA isn't exactly in the wrong here - the demand just isn't there outside of summer.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Yep I had to go to Halifax (YHZ) in February, but AA doesn't fly there in the winter. Took AA to YUL and connected to Air Canada.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Pricing to YQB is very high too on AA......$700 from a lot of NE or Midwest markets.
Old May 23, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold
You can also fly to BTV or BGR and drive a few hours... But if you’re going that route-best to fly into YUL.
BearX220 likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
Also, there are no flights from LHR-YQB. You'd still have to go via YUL.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:21 am

I will agree with the OP here because of one reason - DL and UA have Canadian partners who can get people to YQB year-round fairly easily. WS has 3/day to YYZ, AC has 5x to YYZ and 10x+ to YUL in the winter. AA seasonally to PHL is the sole oneworld (or any partner) activity they have outside the summer season.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by guv1976
As an alternative, you could fly to YUL, and take a bus or train from downtown Montreal to downtown Quebec City.
The train is a pleasant option.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
The train is a pleasant option.
This
SJOGuy likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
There were rumors of YQB going year round a few years ago - PHL-YQB during the summer and MIA-YQB in the winter - but they seemed to die out after the WestJet partnership went away.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
This was year round during the US Airways days. It was within the first year of the merger that it went down to seasonal.
aztimm likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:16 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I just flew ord-yul and it was the smallest nastiest commuter jet there is left. No MCE and basically just unpleasant.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by abk
I just flew ord-yul and it was the smallest nastiest commuter jet there is left. No MCE and basically just unpleasant.
what's nasty about an ERJ-145? i prefer that to a 6 across 737-800 after OASIS. both the ERJ and 738 have a single bathroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.