Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to set postal mailing preferences from AA.com?

Old May 23, 19, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if it is possible to set postal mailing preferences (specifically targeted 3rd party mailings) using the AA.com account profile?

In other words, how to stop AA from mailing 3rd party offers?

Last edited by SouthernCross; May 23, 19 at 9:40 am
Old May 23, 19, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SouthernCross View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to set postal mailing preferences (specifically targeted 3rd party mailings) using the AA.com account profile?

In other words, how to stop AA from mailing 3rd party offers?
Quick Google of AA Privacy Policy

In addition, from time to time, we may share information with certain third party companies with which we have a business relationship, including AAdvantage® and Business Extra participants. These companies may send you offers based on the information you have provided us. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your consent prior to sharing your personal information with such third parties for marketing purposes. Also, as described below, you can opt out of having your information shared with third parties for those parties' direct marketing purposes by emailing us at [email protected].
JDiver likes this.
Old May 23, 19, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip!

Just thinking out loud... email is a rather unsophisticated and customer unfriendly way of managing marketing mail preferences. When I send email to [email protected] how does AA identify me, and more importantly authenticate me? I was assuming there would be a radio button buried somewhere in AA.com. Silly me.