Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Oversold Business class on our flight this week, we lost award seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Oversold Business class on our flight this week, we lost award seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
So what ultimately happened? It totally sucks that they automatically rebooked to a flight out of another not-nearby airport. I can see giving you an option but they should not do something like that automatically. Once they did that the original seats on the EDI flight were gone and probably got assigned to someone on the upgrade list. I know a lot of people like to say "I'll never fly AA (or whoever) again" in these situations but if there were ever a case for that this would be it. Hopefully the final outcome at least qualified for EC261 compensation. AA is such an operational mess these days.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
OP is a non elite on saver award tickets, he is at the bottom of the list, he got some serious abuse from AA...wheeww...
silverforumsurf likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:21 am

I'm also curious how the situation panned out. That really sucks that they put you in such a situation.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Geez this is terrible.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
unreal
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did they make it back or are they still getting re-booked....
chitink likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Coming to this late... and slightly OT... but I saw some folk upthread suggest connecting with Flybe. My advice... 'don't do it'!

They have a ruthless baggage policy and a smaller than usual cabin bag size (AA and most other airlines = 56x36x23cm, Flybe is 55x35x20). The cabin bag dimensions may not seem that far apart, but they make you use the sizer and if it doesn't fit below the line you have to fork out ŁŁ to have the bag gate checked. And if you try to avoid the lengthy check-in queues you'll find the automatic machines refuse to check you in if you are one pound over the allowed limit. So more ŁŁ.

Their on board product isn't terrible (no in flight service), but it's far from 'stress free' travel (unless you really come prepared). If you're used to standard cabin bag sizes, and not having to worry about a couple pounds overweight on yuor baggage, connecting off an international to a Flybe would be a huge inconvenience.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We appreciate the attempts to bring the OP back to finish the story but we have to accept that he is either traumatized and had to go on another vacation to get over his original AA vacation, or he had to sign an NDA just to get his J seats back.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Maybe the OP decided-- and I'd respect him for it-- that he got all he needed out of us and never looked back
haveric, TWA884, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably, there is nothing much more to be gained from this conversation for the OP, I would have probably done the same.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Maybe the OP decided-- and I'd respect him for it-- that he got all he needed out of us and never looked back
We’ve been used and abused, but at least there was a happy ending
Spanish likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
My perspective is that we were (for the most part) entertained, while OP was unfairly subjected to stress on both ends of the trip.

I am going to hazard a guess and say no news is likely (relatively) good news.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
My perspective is that we were (for the most part) entertained, while OP was unfairly subjected to stress on both ends of the trip.

I am going to hazard a guess and say no news is likely (relatively) good news.
Could equally be that the stress caused OP a stroke/ heart attack resulting in his inability to reply
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well that turned dark quickly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.