Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW - New Terminal F announced, C renovation to occur (~2020-2025)

Old May 20, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
DFW Airport and American Airlines Announce Plans for Sixth Terminal
American Airlines Newsroom, Monday, May 20, 2019, 12:30 PM - link
Download PDF (English) PDF Format (opens in new window)

American Airlines, DFW Airport strike deal to build new $3 billion terminal
Mitchell Schnurman, Dallas News, 20 May 2019 - link

DFW and AA have agreed to build a completely new Terminal F, with 24 gates, at the southwest terminals area as depicted below. Terminal F, currently a parking lot, is estimated to cost $3 billion and is hoped to open in 2025. SkyLynk already is routed in such a way it will not require modifications other than the usual two SkyLink terminals built into the terminal.

DFW also agreed to spend ~$500 million to renovate the existing Terminal C. Terminal C, built in 1974, is the only unrefurbished terminal of the original terminals built.

Bonds will be issued to fund the projects, which will be paid off by airline landing and other fees, rents and passenger facility charges levied on passengers. As American accounts for ~86% of DFW passenger traffic, much of the income will be through AA.

According the DFW airport, DFW generated about $1.3 billion in profit for American in 2017, over 30 percent of Americans total 2017 operating income. Approximately 40% of passengers are originating or terminating their travel at DFW; ~60% are connecting.

A 2015 economic impact study indicates DFW Airport contributes more than $37 billion to the Dallas-Fort Worth economy, with nearly 60,000 jobs at the Airport and more than 228,000 jobs created across the region. In 2018, DFW Airport awarded more than $150 million in contracts to small, women- and minority-owned businesses, and concessions agreements generated more than $155 million in revenues for disadvantaged businesses. (AA)
Print Wikipost

DFW - New Terminal F announced, C renovation to occur (~2020-2025)

Old May 24, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
If the Grand Hyatt at DFW seems to you like the old Hyatt torn down and "moved over a few feet", you need to get out to more hotels! It's on a completely different scale, brand position, facilities, and about 30 years more modern amenities.
I would agree with this. The Grand Hyatt is significantly different. Great hotel and in a different class than before. Although much older I do like Mr. G's at the Hyatt Regency though.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Whiskey_bravo
I would agree with this. The Grand Hyatt is significantly different. Great hotel and in a different class than before. Although much older I do like Mr. G's at the Hyatt Regency though.
I wouldnt expect to see another hotel built at Terminal F. There are rumors of a Hyatt House going up somewhere near the rental car facility at some point.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
The old Hyatt at DFW is horrible looking eyesore. I can't believe it hasn't been demolished yet. It looks like one of the abandoned apartment buildings in Chernobyl.
joepercussion1 likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by joepercussion1

I wouldnt expect to see another hotel built at Terminal F. There are rumors of a Hyatt House going up somewhere near the rental car facility at some point.
Supposed to open next year. Right by the Hyatt Place.

Its a Hyatt takeover at KDFW.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
The old Hyatt at DFW is horrible looking eyesore. I can't believe it hasn't been demolished yet. It looks like one of the abandoned apartment buildings in Chernobyl.
It matches the terminal it is connected to quite well.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by econometrics

It matches the terminal it is connected to quite well.
Throw a couple of Tupolevs at the gates and call it a day.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
There is already a Hyatt House between the main road and the rental car center too.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Throw a couple of Tupolevs at the gates and call it a day.
If you think the Hyatt C and C terminal look Soviet, you need to spend more time in the FSU.
asnovici likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
There is already a Hyatt House between the main road and the rental car center too.
Thats a Hyatt Place.

The Hyatt House will be like a Residence Inn, just much nicer
Antarius likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Thats a Hyatt Place.

The Hyatt House will be like a Residence Inn, just much nicer
gotcha. Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 9:57 pm

Thanks to Covid, I'm sure plans for Terminal F have come to a screeching halt. I just found this article published 2 days ago about DFW terminal design, "Never built: a visionary plan to rebuild DFW" maintained by a group called AirportHistory.org. It goes into the origins of the semi circular terminals, an abandoned effort to replace them with Atlanta style linear terminals. Fascinating article and website, figured this should go on the Terminal F discussion. Hopefully F won't be "the terminal that never was,"

https://www.airporthistory.org/dfw-rebuild-1.html
JDiver, platbrownguy and Spanish like this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Thanks to Covid, I'm sure plans for Terminal F have come to a screeching halt. I just found this article published 2 days ago about DFW terminal design, "Never built: a visionary plan to rebuild DFW" maintained by a group called AirportHistory.org. It goes into the origins of the semi circular terminals, an abandoned effort to replace them with Atlanta style linear terminals. Fascinating article and website, figured this should go on the Terminal F discussion. Hopefully F won't be "the terminal that never was,"

https://www.airporthistory.org/dfw-rebuild-1.html
What a great read! I can't believe it's almost been a year since Terminal F's announcement. DFW's semi-circle terminals sure allow for easy docking to the gates and quick departures, compared to say ATL in comparison. Less plane watching, which is a bummer.

I do wonder what will happen with the Terminal F situation.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:56 pm

Part 2 of the DFW that never was built has been posted, along with a whole series on JFK. It's a very content-rich site.
https://www.airporthistory.org/dfw-rebuild-2.html
looks like someone had plans for the TRAAM to be under the apron,along with a massive boxy-looking building that made me instantly think of T4 @ PHX when I saw the rendering. It's a LOT of cement.

And because I don't feel like starting a thread for JFK and it's not just for AA, I'll just put their link here for JFK in case people want to find that part of the site: https://www.airporthistory.org/kennedy.html
Enjoy
thunderdeacon likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.