Search

Chances this "mistake" holds up?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 4:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Chances this "mistake" holds up?

So I booked a lengthy itinerary through a OW partner. Due to a schedule change, they had to adjust one of my AA legs. In rebooking me, they put me in F (I booked J) on the AA flight. I have selected my seat, meal, etc...How is this likely to play out?
Old May 18, 2019, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If this is a cash ticket, the question is whether AA accepts the payment tendered for the F ticket. If it does not, there will be an add/collect due from the ticketing carrier and you will be reseated in J if there is J availability at that point. Otherwise in Y.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
As long as you've actually been reticketed I'd say you're 99% or better.

If you haven't been reticketed then less than 10%.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
As long as you've actually been reticketed I'd say you're 99% or better.

If you haven't been reticketed then less than 10%.
re-ticketed, seat selected, only a few days from the flight.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
re-ticketed, seat selected, only a few days from the flight.
Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rumboj

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.
Will do.
Old May 18, 2019, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If a new ticket has been issued, then I cannot see it likely that you will have any issues

Originally Posted by Often1
If this is a cash ticket, the question is whether AA accepts the payment tendered for the F ticket. If it does not, there will be an add/collect due from the ticketing carrier and you will be reseated in J if there is J availability at that point. Otherwise in Y.
No there won't ; the other airline is the travel agent and is the one that AA would go back to if there was money owing. The passenger is not its customer
Old May 18, 2019, 7:50 pm

Is the AA leg a domestic flight?
Old May 18, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm curious too as to what flight it is and if F is actually an option, in only a handful of AA international and transcontinental flights offer F....
arlflyer likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
This happened to me once a while back, albeit it was AA who erroneously rebooked me in F instead of J (this was a transcon with 3 classes of service). Based on my experience, I would say you have a good chance of sitting in F.
Markie likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by FAA1996
I'm curious too as to what flight it is and if F is actually an option, in only a handful of AA international and transcontinental flights offer F....
Good question.

There actually is an F cabin on pretty much every TCON flight (in fact, all but the smallest aircraft). But, very few with both F & J. Entirely possible that OP is on a 2-class aircraft which was booked on a J fare basis but reflects as a seat in the single premium cabin, which is F.

Perhaps easiest is for OP to provide his routing, date, and flight numbers.
arlflyer likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FAA1996
What difference does it make? Sounds like you don’t believe the OP.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon

What difference does it make? Sounds like you don’t believe the OP.
I think the point many are trying to make is that F on an AA domestic flight is rarely true F as on the 321T or 77W, but is called first nonetheless. Thus, OP may be seeing First on the screen, but has been moved to a 2-class aircraft which doesn't have a business cabin.
arlflyer likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
I think the point many are trying to make is that F on an AA domestic flight is rarely true F as on the 321T or 77W, but is called first nonetheless. Thus, OP may be seeing First on the screen, but has been moved to a 2-class aircraft which doesn't have a business cabin.
Exactly. If OP has booked a OW itinerary, likely not US based, so maybe not familiar with the fact that the front cabin of most domestic aircraft is called F here. Thus this whole thing could just be semantics. This could be an incorrect hypothesis, but would need info, hence other posters asking for it.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Well I can’t really think of a scenario where the OP was originally booked in Business, as he said (which means a Transcon if we’re taking domestic), and then a schedule change moved him into a 2-class bird with the front marketed as First class. We’re talking about something like LAX-JFK that was switched to LAX-DFW-JFK, and that just seems unlikely to me. AA would have been more likely to move him to another LAX-JFK flight.

I guess he’s free to come back and clarify so folks can give him more precise advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.