FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Chances this "mistake" holds up? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1970305-chances-mistake-holds-up.html)

GetSetJetSet May 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Chances this "mistake" holds up?

So I booked a lengthy itinerary through a OW partner. Due to a schedule change, they had to adjust one of my AA legs. In rebooking me, they put me in F (I booked J) on the AA flight. I have selected my seat, meal, etc...How is this likely to play out?

Often1 May 18, 2019 4:28 pm

If this is a cash ticket, the question is whether AA accepts the payment tendered for the F ticket. If it does not, there will be an add/collect due from the ticketing carrier and you will be reseated in J if there is J availability at that point. Otherwise in Y.

platbrownguy May 18, 2019 4:31 pm

As long as you've actually been reticketed I'd say you're 99% or better.

If you haven't been reticketed then less than 10%.

GetSetJetSet May 18, 2019 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 31115228)
As long as you've actually been reticketed I'd say you're 99% or better.

If you haven't been reticketed then less than 10%.

re-ticketed, seat selected, only a few days from the flight.

rumboj May 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 31115240)
re-ticketed, seat selected, only a few days from the flight.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

GetSetJetSet May 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by rumboj (Post 31115254)

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Will do.

Dave Noble May 18, 2019 5:27 pm

If a new ticket has been issued, then I cannot see it likely that you will have any issues

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 31115225)
If this is a cash ticket, the question is whether AA accepts the payment tendered for the F ticket. If it does not, there will be an add/collect due from the ticketing carrier and you will be reseated in J if there is J availability at that point. Otherwise in Y.

No there won't ; the other airline is the travel agent and is the one that AA would go back to if there was money owing. The passenger is not its customer

SeeBuyFly May 18, 2019 7:50 pm

Is the AA leg a domestic flight?

FAA1996 May 18, 2019 11:22 pm

I'm curious too as to what flight it is and if F is actually an option, in only a handful of AA international and transcontinental flights offer F....

flyingeph12 May 19, 2019 12:00 am

This happened to me once a while back, albeit it was AA who erroneously rebooked me in F instead of J (this was a transcon with 3 classes of service). Based on my experience, I would say you have a good chance of sitting in F.

Often1 May 19, 2019 7:48 am

Originally Posted by FAA1996 (Post 31115868)
I'm curious too as to what flight it is and if F is actually an option, in only a handful of AA international and transcontinental flights offer F....

Good question.

There actually is an F cabin on pretty much every TCON flight (in fact, all but the smallest aircraft). But, very few with both F & J. Entirely possible that OP is on a 2-class aircraft which was booked on a J fare basis but reflects as a seat in the single premium cabin, which is F.

Perhaps easiest is for OP to provide his routing, date, and flight numbers.

ijgordon May 19, 2019 8:17 am

Originally Posted by FAA1996 (Post 31115868)

What difference does it make? Sounds like you don’t believe the OP. :confused:

HofstraJet May 19, 2019 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 31116626)

What difference does it make? Sounds like you don’t believe the OP. :confused:

I think the point many are trying to make is that F on an AA domestic flight is rarely true F as on the 321T or 77W, but is called first nonetheless. Thus, OP may be seeing First on the screen, but has been moved to a 2-class aircraft which doesn't have a business cabin.

arlflyer May 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 31116950)
I think the point many are trying to make is that F on an AA domestic flight is rarely true F as on the 321T or 77W, but is called first nonetheless. Thus, OP may be seeing First on the screen, but has been moved to a 2-class aircraft which doesn't have a business cabin.

Exactly. If OP has booked a OW itinerary, likely not US based, so maybe not familiar with the fact that the front cabin of most domestic aircraft is called F here. Thus this whole thing could just be semantics. This could be an incorrect hypothesis, but would need info, hence other posters asking for it.

ijgordon May 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 31116950)

Well I can’t really think of a scenario where the OP was originally booked in Business, as he said (which means a Transcon if we’re taking domestic), and then a schedule change moved him into a 2-class bird with the front marketed as First class. We’re talking about something like LAX-JFK that was switched to LAX-DFW-JFK, and that just seems unlikely to me. AA would have been more likely to move him to another LAX-JFK flight.

I guess he’s free to come back and clarify so folks can give him more precise advice.