Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport - DFW Terminal “D”

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining

OPEN NOW 16 May 2019

LOCATION: Terminal D (International Terminal), Departures floor, between Gates D23 and D24.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html for discussion of the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in other terminals.

Link to DFW AA lounge information.

Link to one world DFW lounge directory and access information

Terminal D temporary Premium Lounge near Gate 34 is now CLOSED.

ACCESS:

Admirals Club: Admirals Club members, oneworld Sapphire and AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or higher status members, oneworld Sapphire or Emerald flyers*

Flagship Lounge (oneworld Emeralds, Sapphires and those traveling in oneworld First or AA or oneworld First or Business*

Flagship First Dining: AA and BA international three class Flagship First passengers only. This not a oneworld lounge: there is no admission by status, lounge membership for other than Concierge Key members with passes.

*American Airlines Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligble for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribean. For more information, visit http://aa.com/i18n/travelInformation...miralsClub.jsp

Extensive photos at Andy’s Travel Blog link

Admirals Club report by Craig at Middle Age Miles linkhttps://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/

Courtesy of Middle Age Miles

Link to the archived thread discussing the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Link to the archived thread discussing the opening of the interim “Premium Lounge” serving oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires, passengers flying First or Business on qualifying international flights, affected by the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Print Wikipost

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
Indeed. Since this is the AA forum, it should be a tire fire.

Originally Posted by LAXer
Also want to add, that even though I know it’s a fire training exercise, the plane on fire across the field is a bit disconcerting.
Originally Posted by jtav559
Don't worry, that's just there for "ambiance".
Originally Posted by JDiver
The fire trainer has been there for years. They practice regularly, and it’s actually pretty impressive and heartening, IMO.
Finally, a useful retirement purpose for Oasis aircraft that we can all agree on!
Old May 18, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Flagship Lounge DFW/ Connection to FLL

Hello fellow FTers,

I'll be travelling early June for the first time via DFW - coming in from LHR and connecting to FLL.

I will have a stopover of about 5 hours - and I thought it won't be a problem as I'll get some free Champagne plus food in the Flagship Lounge (being myself BAEC Silver).

Unfortunately I was not aware of the terminal situation in DFW until checking today. Is there any chance that my flight to FLL will depart from Terminal D (where the Flagship Lounge is)?
If not, any chance to visit this lounge without too much hassle? E.g. not sure if I like to discuss w/ TSA that I am visiting Terminal D just for the lounge?

Or will I simply need to visit the 'local' Admirals club (will they give me at least some drinks vouchers?)

As usual, many thanks for all your help!

(nota bene: is there still no AA lounge at FLL - can I go somewhere with my Priority Pass?)
Old May 18, 2019, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
With skylink, any gate to any gate is roughly 10 minutes. All airside.

You can enjoy the FL in D and not worry at all. Just hop the train 10 minutes before boarding starts.
jcatman, AANYC1981 and Icydubloon like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 11:50 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maξtre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hello fellow FTers,

I'll be travelling early June for the first time via DFW - coming in from LHR and connecting to FLL.

I will have a stopover of about 5 hours - and I thought it won't be a problem as I'll get some free Champagne plus food in the Flagship Lounge (being myself BAEC Silver).

Unfortunately I was not aware of the terminal situation in DFW until checking today. Is there any chance that my flight to FLL will depart from Terminal D (where the Flagship Lounge is)?
If not, any chance to visit this lounge without too much hassle? E.g. not sure if I like to discuss w/ TSA that I am visiting Terminal D just for the lounge?

Or will I simply need to visit the 'local' Admirals club (will they give me at least some drinks vouchers?)

As usual, many thanks for all your help!

(nota bene: is there still no AA lounge at FLL - can I go somewhere with my Priority Pass?)
You’ll be arriving and processing formalities at Terminal D, as well as security. The lounge complex is between gates D23 and D24. All Terminal gates areas are connected airside by SkyLink train.

There’s no place at DFW over ~seven minutes away from any other airside point using the SkyLink. It’s likely your ongoing flight will depart from Terminal A or C, but you’ll note the flight status boards inform you an hour or more in advance of departure gate assignments and you’ll have plenty of time to visit the Flagship Lounge and move to your gate.

See AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc

At FLL you can use your Priority Pass benefit at Kafe Kalik in T-4.
Attached Images  
Antarius and MarkY123 like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Kafe Kalik at FLL is not in the same terminal as AA but its airside, so once you clear security at Terminal 4, you can go to Kafe Kalik and its a 10 minute walk over to the AA gates.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Antarius
Just hop the train 10 minutes before boarding starts.
So long as it isn't E, I much prefer walking among the terminals at DFW. It still isn't much more time. I've heard some horror stories about the train skipping stops, taking longer, breaking down, etc., so I'd rather rely only on myself to get around.
T. Sanderson likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Kafe Kalik at FLL is not in the same terminal as AA but its airside, so once you clear security at Terminal 4, you can go to Kafe Kalik and its a 10 minute walk over to the AA gates.
Glad to see there's a PP spot at FLL. Anyone know how long it's been accepting PP? I live near FLL but try to fly out of MIA so I have a lounge but may now consider FLL again when I have to connect anyway since I can get a free meal.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Glad to see there's a PP spot at FLL. Anyone know how long it's been accepting PP? I live near FLL but try to fly out of MIA so I have a lounge but may now consider FLL again when I have to connect anyway since I can get a free meal.

Not sure how long it's been there but Kalik is decent and has a few choices. It's over in the Spirit part of FLL but its easy to get to the AA gates.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Coming from customs and immigration, you'll re-clear security in Terminal D for your connection, regardless of your connecting flight's departure terminal.

As mentioned above, all terminals are connected via SkyLink. The normal procedure is to take SkyLink to the terminal of your connecting flight if it goes out of a terminal other than D. So you can just visit the FL after re-clearing security.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by Antarius
With skylink, any gate to any gate is roughly 10 minutes. All airside.

You can enjoy the FL in D and not worry at all. Just hop the train 10 minutes before boarding starts.
This is basically (on Reddit) a SLPT (S****y Life Pro Tip).

DO NOT only leave yourself only 10 minutes to go from one terminal to another. Now if your flight leaves from D that is another matter. Like every month there is a thread on FT about a poor SOB that missed their flight due to the Sky Link being down/out of order. DON’T be that person and leave at least 30 minutes before that way, if need be, you can walk.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
This is basically (on Reddit) a SLPT (S****y Life Pro Tip).

DO NOT only leave yourself only 10 minutes to go from one terminal to another. Now if your flight leaves from D that is another matter. Like every month there is a thread on FT about a poor SOB that missed their flight due to the Sky Link being down/out of order. DON’T be that person and leave at least 30 minutes before that way, if need be, you can walk.
10 minutes before the start of boarding. You'll be fine. That's still 45 mins before departure. Been thru DFW maybe 600 times in the last 7 years and there has been a train issue once.

I plan for traffic etc. But if the entire freeway is shut completely for hours and you are stuck, then .... happens - I dont leave for the airport 5 hours before my flight for the one time possibility that something breaks.

If the OP left 30 minutes before the start of boarding, that's over an hour before departure. Which would leave them standing around the gate for at least 20 minutes before boarding.

I respectfully disagree. The risk is too small to need mitigation plans.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:33 pm
Suspended

I just use the AC closest to my gate. Haven't been to the new DFW FL, but while they are nice, I wouldn't go out of the way. Most of the food looks better on the blogs that it actually tastes. I always prefer to be at the AC closer to my gate so I don't have to worry about getting there too late because of some shuttle delay or too early because i left too much time. YMMV
Old May 18, 2019, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, if the Skylink is down, everyone in DFW knows it. So the AAgents will tell you.

The only risk is if the Skylink shuts down right when you need it. And that's at or less likely than WX or MX delays on your plane.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
FWIW, this is what I would do:

1. Stay in the FL until about 75 minutes before departure - plenty of time to fill up on food an booze.
2. Park myself in the AAdmirals Club near my departure gate until boarding starts.

As others have noted, you will probably be able to get to the other gate in a short time, but if all hell breaks loose you still have plenty of time, so no stress.
JDiver, AANYC1981 and Duck1981 like this.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by coolcoil
FWIW, this is what I would do:

1. Stay in the FL until about 75 minutes before departure - plenty of time to fill up on food an booze.
2. Park myself in the AAdmirals Club near my departure gate until boarding starts.

As others have noted, you will probably be able to get to the other gate in a short time, but if all hell breaks loose you still have plenty of time, so no stress.
This pretty good advice if you are worried to navigating the DFW aeroport. You'll also have plenty of time after the reclearing of securities to enjoy the lounge.
Duck1981 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.