Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAN to JFK nonstops

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by cmx
This is my most flown route. What would be great is if B6 would start Mint (and DL copy with lie-flat seats) on the redeye, like what happened with the midday flights.
Every flight they have on this route is with mint. I'm not sure what you are talking about. At certain point of the year, the 3rd BOS-SAN flight may not be.

As for why they dropped the route over MAX problems, they have been getting killed here since mint entered. Really speaks for the viability of the route long term that they can't even make it work in peak summer season
AANYC1981, Spiff and cmx like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by tphuang
Every flight they have on this route is with mint. I'm not sure what you are talking about. At certain point of the year, the 3rd BOS-SAN flight may not be.

As for why they dropped the route over MAX problems, they have been getting killed here since mint entered. Really speaks for the viability of the route long term that they can't even make it work in peak summer season
Mint/DL Flat Bed or the probability of an AA 738 Oasis.....hmmmm? Decisions, decisions.......
Spiff, jcatman and cmd320 like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum, AA
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
DL has 4 reasonably timed daily flights SAN-JFK this summer. The fact that B6 still refuses to rest an aircraft overnight at SAN for a morning departure to JFK is absurd.
​​​​​​​I will look into it, although my status on AA makes it the most attractive option. I recently consolidated and disgorged all my miles on other airlines, although I still have a pittance on SW, DL and AK. But hundreds of thousands on AA.

Last edited by Lindsy; May 17, 2019 at 9:41 pm
Old May 18, 2019, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Not in early August.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

I am surprised they're getting killed. I fly this route three or four times a year and there haven't been empty seats.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Lindsy
I am surprised they're getting killed. I fly this route three or four times a year and there haven't been empty seats.
Full plane =/= profitable.

Like others said, AA is offering an inferior product and can't compete. Add, to that the dwindling routes from JFK and you have your answer. Sad, as I have flown this route a lot in the past. The days of the 763 are long gone.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:04 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

From the moment an aircraft crosses the CA border until it leaves again, the airline is charged property taxes by the State. I’m guessing that B6 would rather keep their tax bill down vs parking an aircraft overnight at a CA airport.
Are you sure that even applies? In an event, my aircraft friends tell me the tax is rather inconsequential. is that not the case?
Old May 19, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Are you sure that even applies? In an event, my aircraft friends tell me the tax is rather inconsequential. is that not the case?
I know nothing about the aviation related asset taxes in CA, but I'd venture it has more to do with aircraft utilization--and the extra ship required to maintain both a redeye and an early morning departure to JFK.

One would think that the route has been sufficiently developed by this point for B6 to commit to parking an aircraft overnight to meed the demand for an AM flight. A flight that arrives JFK in time for dinner (or an overseas connection) is an important offering.
LINDEGR likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lindsy
I will look into it, although my status on AA makes it the most attractive option. I recently consolidated and disgorged all my miles on other airlines, although I still have a pittance on SW, DL and AK. But hundreds of thousands on AA.
Who is AK?

​​​​​​​Alaska is AS.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cslovacek

Who is AK?

Alaska is AS.
And Southwest is WN (although SWA is acceptable as the three-character ICAO designator).
Old May 22, 2019, 11:59 am
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by tphuang

Nice--I'm not sure how I missed it. Guess I haven't shopped the redeye in a few months. That's great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.