Wiki Posts
Search

BA to AA connection at BNA

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Not sure why the face. Just clearing up some information I gave to the OP that was incorrect.

It's quite a walk from customs at the far end of concourse A all the way to baggage, then up stairs (no escalators going up) to the departures level, rechecking bags, going back through security etc.

Sorry that caused you so much consternation face.
Sorry, that is a confused face, again it doesn't sound like what you're describing at BNA is any different from most any other airport when you're connecting int'l to domestic in the US. So I was a bit confused as to why this would warrant the OP's mother needing special assistance. Even if she has to take her bag to the AA check in area, this isn't that difficult .
nancypants likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by guv1976
FWIW, I believe that BAEC redemption tickets cannot be changed or cancel within 24 hours of scheduled departure time.
Ah okay got it. FWIW I told my mom when she checks in at T5 tomorrow to see if she can get on the nonstop to DFW instead. Long shot but she has nothing to lose I suppose by asking.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Looks as though that is likely the last flight out to DFW, with nothing better to SFO.

As it is an EU departure, if she misconnects, BA will be responsible for a duty of care to include hotel and meals, no matter the reason for the delay. You might want to provide her some options which include a shuttle in the event that there is nobody around from BA to help her. She would then keep the receipts and submit them for reimbursement.
Just happen to check out BA 223 stats. Wow--this 779 does not have a good history of arriving on time! Many flights have arrived late enough making a connection to DFW on the last flight of the night not possible.

I better get a hotel ready just in case. The good news is I can tell pretty early what's the outcome going to be. If it pushes back two hours late at LHR I'm on the horn.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
FWIW, the staff at the AC in Nashville is excellent! BNA used to be an AA hub many years ago and I believe there are still a couple of folks from that time working there.

The board of visitors to the AC is pretty cool too showing folks with how many million miles they have flown. If your mother has problems, I'm sure they will be happy to help.
enviroian likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for all your tips and advice. The connection was a breeze although my mom did indicate it was a 15 minute walk. She had no one around her on the 789 and she said it was full to the gills on the dfw bound flight. My mom said she enjoyed the snack basket and said "everyone flocked to the gate when the agent opened the door they almost ran me over".
She was out A17 and out to the curb just as I pulled up
Old May 17, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks for all your tips and advice. The connection was a breeze although my mom did indicate it was a 15 minute walk. She had no one around her on the 789 and she said it was full to the gills on the dfw bound flight. My mom said she enjoyed the snack basket and said "everyone flocked to the gate when the agent opened the door they almost ran me over".

Excellent! Glad it was easy!

BNA's not normal place for connections but sometimes that makes it easier.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Glad to hear that she made it easily. Now we can focus on the most important thing, which is that she thinks that AA boarding is a zoo. Shocking. I'm sure no one here shares that opinion
Old May 17, 2019, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by deeruck
Glad to hear that she made it easily. Now we can focus on the most important thing, which is that she thinks that AA boarding is a zoo. Shocking. I'm sure no one here shares that opinion
The queue's in the UK are much more orderly and civilized
Old May 17, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deeruck
The funniest thing is my mom told me while waiting to board at BNA she noticed a man trying to look at her boarding pass. I told her "mom when you have a BP 1 you are immediately suspect if you have no status. Guilty until proven innocent"

LOL

C17PSGR, deeruck and wrp96 like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The funniest thing is my mom told me while waiting to board at BNA she noticed a man trying to look at her boarding pass. I told her "mom when you have a BP 1 you are immediately suspect if you have no status. Guilty until proven innocent"

LOL

I guess he just wanted to know if she was in Group 5 or Group 9 before he barked "they're boarding First Class" and pushed her out of the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.